Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Mango varieties still hanging on the tree? Other tropic fruit in season

<< < (13/14) > >>

palmcity:
Happy November,

Mango season is almost over in South Florida and here is the last Keitt pulled & put out to view along with a few avocado etc.

Keitt mango have vanished from my yard this year.... But here is the new king of my late season mangos hanging out for a few more days:::

Happy New Year 2022 awaits us:::

It's a final:::: Braves WINNNNNNNNNNN......... Till next year...........................................

Jagmanjoe:
Not sure if this fits in as I understand that Choc Anon can fruit twice a year but I am in Lakeland, FL zone 9B.  Pic as of yesterday and hoping we keep getting enough warm weather long enough for the fruit to mature.

palmcity:
Nice... Hopefully they will make it till your ready to eat them.... 

bovine421:

Not enough avocado talk

bovine421:

--- Quote from: Galatians522 on August 02, 2021, 08:17:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: zands on August 02, 2021, 12:28:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Galatians522 on August 01, 2021, 10:01:08 PM ---I have been really pleased with Supreme (also developed by Isons) but it is a female and needs a hermaphrodite like Ison to pollenate it. Some of the grapes on Supreme are 1.5" in diameter. That is a big grape! Burrying a portion of the vine that is still attached in moist sand is a good way to root them (simple layering).

--- End quote ---
Unruly muscadine grape vines do this rooting all the time. Self-rooting. On my property. These are the ones I will dig up carefully and put into pots. I will look for  Supreme. My local Lowes have lots of assorted Muscadines in the spring and fall. One gallon about $7 or $6.

--- End quote ---

If you like Ison, you will love Supreme. It is a very similar grape, just bigger (about twice as big) and a little better texture. The major draw back is the need for polination, but you should be fine on that score since you already have Ison. Sounds like you have the propagation down to a science.

--- End quote ---
The muscadine grapes finally went dormant and they shipped those two varieties to me. I planted them next to my Moringa trees in hopes they will climb

Not enough avocado and plantain talk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version