Everything Else > Tropical Vegetables and Other Edibles - Buy, Sell, & Trade

Pepper seeds

(1/5) > >>

catchthebear:
Hello there. I have started a pepper (and tomato) seed website recently.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Cheers, Matt

mattspeppers.com

Ognin525:
O man so many iv never herd of!!! I love my sweet tomatos. What would you recommend for a super sweet tomato? Also any super sweet peppers?

catchthebear:

--- Quote from: Ognin525 on December 06, 2021, 09:12:40 PM ---O man so many iv never herd of!!! I love my sweet tomatos. What would you recommend for a super sweet tomato? Also any super sweet peppers?

--- End quote ---

Lesya and Candy Cane Chocolate Cherry were my favorite sweets this year - along with the Lipstick and Snake peppers.

My favorite tomato was the Cherry Blue Cream Berry.  Everglades are always a favorite, they volunteer every year and tend to take over, so if you grow those keep 'em away from anything you care about lol

Piss P:
Awesome collection! Definitely interested in a lot of these for the spring

A couple of questions for ya:
-Your pick(s) for flavorful/rich large tomato?
-Love the taste of habanero; which varieties would recommend based off that? Lower the heat, the better
-For both tomatoes and peppers, what are some interesting varieties with unique flavor profiles?

Thanks!

catchthebear:

--- Quote from: Piss P on December 08, 2021, 12:47:46 PM ---Awesome collection! Definitely interested in a lot of these for the spring

A couple of questions for ya:
-Your pick(s) for flavorful/rich large tomato?
-Love the taste of habanero; which varieties would recommend based off that? Lower the heat, the better
-For both tomatoes and peppers, what are some interesting varieties with unique flavor profiles?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Purple Peppermint and Great White Blue were really nice big boys.  I am also very partial to the Reisetomate Tomato mostly because of how odd it looks, but it's very tangy and tasty too. 

I would go with the Galapagos Habanero and Peppapeach.  The latter was my favorite this season and I will grow it every year for sauces and snacking.  Right amount of heat.  Nice and crunchy. Galapagos Habs I like to use in salads or pickles.  I grow those every year as well.

My girlfriend's favorite tomatoes this year were the Honey Drop Yellow Cherry.  She would go snag those first before I could squeeze the seeds out. Lol.  I do like the Ajis and Fish peppers.  Fish have the variegated leaves as well as a really nice taste.  Any of the Ajis are also right about my speed.  Scotch Bonnet's and Red Savina habs are also very flavorful (and popular for sauces, etc).  Bird Aji is my favorite for drying and tossing a couple in any meal.  Very nice flavor, not too hot, and they dry very easily if just left to sit out.  I grow those every season as well. 

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version