Author Topic: Alampur baneshan, Ice cream, or Imam pasand mango ?  (Read 707 times)

onur

• NJ
    • View Profile
Alampur baneshan, Ice cream, or Imam pasand mango ?
« on: December 05, 2022, 12:16:38 AM »
Hi friends
I heard these three mango varieties taste similar. Which would you pick? Alampur baneshan, Ice cream, or Imam pasand ?

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Re: Alampur baneshan, Ice cream, or Imam pasand mango ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 09:48:06 AM »
In Florida, Alampur Baneshan and Imam Passand are the same mango, so in actuality you’d be choosing between Imam Passand and Ice Cream. I would probably choose Imam Passand over Ice Cream even though Imam Passand cracks open on the tree a lot. Ice Cream’s yields are a joke and it’s prone to mango bacterial black spot.

onur

• NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 01:04:17 PM »
In Florida, Alampur Baneshan and Imam Passand are the same mango, so in actuality you’d be choosing between Imam Passand and Ice Cream. I would probably choose Imam Passand over Ice Cream even though Imam Passand cracks open on the tree a lot. Ice Cream’s yields are a joke and it’s prone to mango bacterial black spot.

Thank you.

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 06:32:01 PM »
In SoCal, my IP has huge fruits -- not many as the grafted branches are still small but the fruits are as large as Keit, and they are the last to ripe. We just ate the last one on 12/2/2022. Firm texture, rich flavor and creamy in the mouth. The flesh color is pale yellow but don't let it fools you.

I found it's best to to clef graft for IP, as it grows faster than bark graft (like my coffin-grave graft).

Honest Abe

• Biscayne Park, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 09:59:01 PM »
As far as taste, The IPs I had from Alex (Squam256) have been delicious. No fiber to speak of and Floral and very complex if remember correctly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk