Author Topic: A peek into the mysterious art of citrus flavoring  (Read 1542 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
A peek into the mysterious art of citrus flavoring
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:38:31 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-c1-citrus-flavors-20160411-story.html
Millet

PS: I'm lucky enough to have a copy of the book titled "Givaudan Index Of Flavors".
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:41:03 PM by Millet »

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
Re: A peek into the mysterious art of citrus flavoring
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:31:56 PM »
Great article ! Thanks ! We need to tell him about Xie Shan ( to eat, not smell , ) and also need to ask him to try not to squeeze the peel in somebody's face ! We did that as children ....... Tom ✔️

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »
"But it always comes back to these 22 acres near the rocky flanks of Mt. Rubidoux, which harbor a taster's menu of the more than 1,000 varieties of citrus collected, cultivated and cross-bred for more than a century by UC Riverside."

I'd love to go there and try some.

This was interesting, too.  I was wondering what kind of mandarins I've been eating:

""You probably have eaten it because this is what you find in Cutie and Halo boxes," she explains. "Those are trademark names for what are usually multiple cultivars: clementines before Christmas — usually fina sodea clementines or clemenules — then after Christmas the W Murcott afourer and tango. But mostly tango.""
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:04:36 PM by brian »

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 11:14:08 PM »
Brian, I took a screen shot of exactly what you quoted for future reference ! Tom