Author Topic: Plantogram or toptropicals  (Read 8858 times)

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Plantogram or toptropicals
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »
If you all knew about TT you may change your tune.  Their trees are no more certified to ship to California than the man in the moon.
- Rob

jbaqai

• JoJi
    • Northern California, Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
If you all knew about TT you may change your tune.  Their trees are no more certified to ship to California than the man in the moon.

At least they are for Nematode

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Plant-Industry/Business-Services/Registrations-and-Certifications/Nematode-Certification/Type-III-Nematode-Certified-Nurseries-by-Name

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
Clay, yeah, I think I'd play the lottery.

ClayMango

• MangoHunter
    • Zone 9B Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

Rob

I'm not sure about all the Logoistics and fine tuning that goes into any of this...(I'm not a smart man lol) but all my boxes from Top Tropicals were each individually stamped certified  with the agriculture approval for CA.
Thinking about joining a Fruitaholics anonymous support group...Fruit addiction has taken over my life!

ClayMango

• MangoHunter
    • Zone 9B Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »

At least they are for Nematode

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Plant-Industry/Business-Services/Registrations-and-Certifications/Nematode-Certification/Type-III-Nematode-Certified-Nurseries-by-Name

Great link!!!! here is the direct link from that page listing all the varities approved for CA that TT's can ship.  http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/11842/147348/2450.pdf
Thinking about joining a Fruitaholics anonymous support group...Fruit addiction has taken over my life!

CGameProgrammer

• San Diego (10b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
I've ordered three plants from TopTropicals - a jasmine sambac and two bleeding-heart vines (wooden climbing shrubs basically). All had dropped nearly all their leaves during shipping and looked in really bad shape, but all of them recovered fully and look very healthy now. So I am satisfied, though the plants' condition was alarming intiially. Orders from Logee's by contrast always arrive looking great.

But I do recommend TT since the plants were well-formed, well-branched, upright, and had healthy roots. A lot of plants, even at local nurseries, are grown so crowded together that they grow horizontally to try to find light, but the TT plants were all very upright.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 11:20:15 PM »
Just cause there is something stamped on the box does not mean anything.  Again, I know things for a fact, believe it or not..just saying....
- Rob

MangCau

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
I used to order a lot of plants from TT. I was a happy loyal customer for years.......but since stopped due to shipments of sick/dead and pencil size 3 gal. plants.
I highly recommend Mickey at PG.

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »
Here's another fine upstanding gentleman - Chris Gilchrest.  http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/3143/  For years now folks have threatened this guy with everything from a bloody nose to class action suit....and he remains in business.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk