Author Topic: Prague Citsuma  (Read 3159 times)

Balance

• Everett, WA, Zone 8b
    • View Profile
Re: Prague Citsuma
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2023, 07:55:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that. I've damaged many plants by not acclimating properly. It's a pain to do but very necessary.

Is your rootstock still alive? How are you with grafting. If you'd like I can mail you a small cutting once the limbs harden a bit more.

I have a trifoliata that I've kept for novelty's sake, but I am unfortunately quite inexperienced with grafting. I've watched many grafting videos, including citrus specific ones, but have never really attempted to do so. I appreciate your offer but fear that I'd fail to graft properly, I should probably try to practice with some lower stakes varieties, lol

Thanks, this is some solid advice, I'll wait until the latest growth has hardened off a bit later in the season and try my hand at grafting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 06:05:09 PM by Balance »

poncirsguy

• Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 6a/6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2023, 10:50:46 PM »
My hands shake too.  I t-Bud but I leave the leaf on so I can manipulate the bud into position.  I wrap the graft above and below then cut the leaf off and cover.

Sylvain

• Bergerac, France
    • View Profile
    • Looking for Wakonai.
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2023, 02:31:17 PM »
It is Satsuma/poncirus chimera, occasionally pushing pure mandarin and pure poncirus (not a FD) twigs.
The prague chimera also gives twigs of poncirus with shinny skin fruits.