Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Variegated sport on my Cara Cara

(1/3) > >>

JJROSS54:
Last year towards the end of the season when the late summer flush of new growth started I got a variegated sport show up on my Cara Cara.
Now that spring is here it has blossoms and is setting fruit on the variegated branch, they look like they will have the variegation also, I'm excited to see what they look like.
This tree is in a greenhouse right now and I will probably keep there until it gets to hot for it here in Arizona then put it outside.

Till:
Interesting! As it seems the varigation is stabil. I am personally not so keen on varigated plants but I think you should definitely keep it and sell it as a new variety. There will be many people who will like it.

Zitrusgaertner:

--- Quote from: JJROSS54 on March 28, 2023, 08:52:54 PM ---Last year towards the end of the season when the late summer flush of new growth started I got a variegated sport show up on my Cara Cara.
Now that spring is here it has blossoms and is setting fruit on the variegated branch, they look like they will have the variegation also, I'm excited to see what they look like.

I think you should graft this sport on a rootstock to keep it stable. Otherwise it probably won't last.
--- End quote ---

Millet:
JJRO,  a variegated sport happens from time to time.  However, it happens more frequently with the variety Cara Cara.  Send us a picture when, and if, the variegated sport develops a mature fruit.

Vegan Potato Man:
We have a variegated Cara Cara from Plant it Hawaii

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version