Author Topic: Pineapple & Grapefruit Juice  (Read 2319 times)

FruitFanatic

• Sauteurs, Grenada
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Fanatic
Pineapple & Grapefruit Juice
« on: April 13, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »
Well, this isn't much of a recipe as I'm sure we all know how to make fruit juice. Thought I'd share the juice I made today in any case! I got a nice medium sized pineapple from the market today as well as a giant grapefruit. The pineapple was pretty standard, just a little bit on the small side. The grapefruit (or some other type of citrus) was enormous. I have never seen a citrus that large before. It was roughly the size of a large cantaloupe. It was also much sweeter than any other grapefruit I've ever had. At this point I have no idea what it was and am only calling it a grapefruit because it was so big. Had a lot of fun making this juice, so glad my girlfriend gave me her nut milk bag before she left for the states. I'm gonna try to root the pineapple top so that I can plant it outside. I have one year left down here in Grenada so that should hopefully be enough time for it to give me a pineapple.

fruitfanatic.net/pineapple-juice
Peace Corps Volunteer living in Grenada.. check out my fruit blog ---> www.fruitfanatic.net

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Pineapple & Grapefruit Juice
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
could it have been a pommelo?
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

FruitFanatic

• Sauteurs, Grenada
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Fanatic
Re: Pineapple & Grapefruit Juice
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:16:23 PM »
It very well could have been! The peel/albedo was fairly thin though and it seems like the pomello has a thick skin? The taste profile seems similar though based on what I have read.
Peace Corps Volunteer living in Grenada.. check out my fruit blog ---> www.fruitfanatic.net