Author Topic: Wanted: asimina parviflora seeds/scions  (Read 3978 times)

sanitarium

• Slovakia, zone 7a
    • View Profile
Wanted: asimina parviflora seeds/scions
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:34:08 AM »
I am looking for few seeds or scions of asimina parviflora, thanks
Daniel

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: asimina parviflora seeds/scions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:51:37 AM »
I am looking for few seeds or scions of asimina parviflora, thanks
I see lots of folks have been asking for this and other asimina species on the forum over time.

You might PM Adam at FlyingFoxFruits....sounds like he may have access to wild parviflora: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=5787.msg77628#msg77628

sanitarium

• Slovakia, zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:14:09 AM »
I see lots of folks have been asking for this and other asimina species on the forum over time.

You might PM Adam at FlyingFoxFruits....sounds like he may have access to wild parviflora: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=5787.msg77628#msg77628

Thank you for advice, I will try to contact him, but seems like he is overload with orders as I still waiting for reply to my email that I sent him few weeks ago..

Are there any wild asiminas in your region?
Daniel

akanonui

• zone 6b, Southeast Michigan. But I have a greenhouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 12:10:34 AM »
I live in Michigan where there is supposed to be an abundance of Asimina triloba, but I have still yet to find any wild. I am going to be buying a few trees of named varieties to plant in my yard but would like to at least try a wild fruit or find a wild stand. Every time I drive southward I look for them but end up finding none. Anyway, they seem to be more rare than people let on.

Triloba Tracker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:27:14 PM »
I live in Michigan where there is supposed to be an abundance of Asimina triloba, but I have still yet to find any wild. I am going to be buying a few trees of named varieties to plant in my yard but would like to at least try a wild fruit or find a wild stand. Every time I drive southward I look for them but end up finding none. Anyway, they seem to be more rare than people let on.
I hear ya...I have read many accounts of wild patches that are so full of ripe fruit that you can smell it from a distance. If these do exist, recent reading has lead me to believe that it must be more in the Ohio-West Virginia - Pennsylvania - Maryland area. We have a good number of pawpaws here in my area but finding fruit is not particularly common. Usually the trees are very small and in the understory. Patches that have fruit are ones on the edge of fields where they are lucky enough to get decent sunlight.

akanonui

• zone 6b, Southeast Michigan. But I have a greenhouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »
I actually thought I saw a stand of them on the way to New York city while passing through New Jersey but I was on the freeway and didn't want to risk my life for some fruit, regardless, I am looking and one day I will find them.

Triloba Tracker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »
I actually thought I saw a stand of them on the way to New York city while passing through New Jersey but I was on the freeway and didn't want to risk my life for some fruit, regardless, I am looking and one day I will find them.
Good luck. The hunt is most of the fun. I was in your shoes for a while too.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »
now i have a limited amount of seeds to sell, minimum order 5 seeds, $2 ea, Asimina parviflora from FL.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com