Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Introduce Yourself

<< < (345/360) > >>

drymifolia:

--- Quote from: brian on October 24, 2022, 07:23:03 PM ---When I bought it I was thinking of this picture I had seen in the Logees catalog... either they are lying or this 'super dwarf cavendish' is much, much smaller

"This exciting strain of the Cavendish banana will actually produce fruit at a manageable height of just 3’ or less. "

hah

--- End quote ---

I think they are lying *and* Super Dwarf Cavendish is a lot smaller than the regular one. I think the Super Dwarf usually flowers at 5-8 feet, not 3. But 5-8 is a lot less than 8-12!

Tamiie Aallen:
Hi, I'm Tammie. I live in Hutchinson, KS. It may sound weird but I love cacti, but my cat doesn't share them with me.
Also, I like sour cherries and bananas.

Fangorn:
Hello all,
Been visiting the site for a few years, decided to finally make an account. Started growing fruit trees a few years ago and pack as many as I can into my small backyard in Fort Myers. The trees I have fruiting are starfruit, barbados cherry, suriname cherry, peanut butter fruit, blackberry jam fruit, jamaican cherry, tangelo, and bananas. I've got other trees like mangoes, garcinias, and other eugenias, but I'm still waiting on fruit.

TheORKINMan:
Hey all,

Always been interested in growing things, got started with super hot peppers then went and lived in Antarctica for a few years on a research station. No fresh fruits and veggies for a few years caused me to buy a house in north Florida in 2019 and I’ve been working on a home orchard since then.

I have successfully grown citrus and peaches to fruiting in that time. Now branching out into some apples, pears, plums, pecans, bananas, and tropical fruit in containers. Currently have 15-25 gallon pots with a Brown Sugar Sapodilla Nispero, Mallika Mango, Mammee Apple, Key West Mamey Sapote, Lara Starfruit, and Purple Star Apple.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone!

abukeif:
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from the frozen North (Zone 5b/6a in western MA, a stone's throw from the Connecticut River). I had good success this year with a lime tree without really knowing much about what I was doing, and am now contemplating the expansion of my citrus collection, at least as much as space and domestic harmony will allow. I also grow (or am trying to grow) figs, pawpaws, pomegranates, as well as lots of temperate-climate annuals. Looking forward to learning from you all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version