Author Topic: What fruit tree nurseries can I /should I visit while in south Florida  (Read 3414 times)

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
I’ll be in the Fort Lauderdale Miami area on Monday morning and will have some free hours. Any places that are definite meccas for fruit hobbyists and are welcoming to visitors?

Thanks
k

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
Fruit and spice park

CGameProgrammer

• San Diego (10b)
    • View Profile
Also Fairchild Botanical Garden, which has a bunch of fruit trees but is just an incredible botanical garden with a massive collection of tropical plants of all kinds. I need to plan another vacation to Miami partly just to enjoy it again. I think it's one of a kind in the US.

EDIT: It's not a nursery if that's what you're looking for, and neither is the Fruit & Spice Park, but it's a must-visit.

Capt Ram

• Lake Worth, Fl
    • View Profile
    • Sailing-charters.org
Excalibur is the place..in Lantana
Www.sailing-charters.org

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Pine Island Nursery is worth checking out if you want to be able to buy something. Fruit and Spice Park and Fairchild are great for just walking around and viewing beautiful plants.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Pine Island Nursery  - huge place in Miami area

Last time I was at Pine Island they did not mind if you wandered around and gawked. I am not 100% sure they have the same policy but they probably do. Plus I believe they have the ability to ship your fruit tree purchases back to California. Phytosanitary etc.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Lara Farms also

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Pine Island Nursery  - huge place in Miami area

Last time I was at Pine Island they did not mind if you wandered around and gawked. I am not 100% sure they have the same policy but they probably do.

I like to gawk while riding shotgun in the golf cart =)

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
To buy fruit

Walter Zills fruit stand

Tropical Acres

Truly Tropical

For mango tree selection Excalibur is hard to beat.  Some places sell both fruit and trees.  I bought my fruit punch tree at Walters. 

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Thanks  for the advice everyone. After an arduous arrival procedure involving customs, losing my phone, losing a baby car seat, eventually finding both, not being picked up by our car rental agency as agreed, and ultimately booking with a new car rental agency, we ultimately had 4 hours to spend. Had a nice lunch with an old college buddy and decided to go to Excalibur as that was closer to Fort Lauderdale than fruit and spice park. I also figured if Time magically slowed down, I could also get to truly tropical, zills, and tropical acres but alas had just enough time to get a cart tour of Excalibur, eat a couple of jabos off the tree and share with the wife and the littlest one, then make it back to the airport and onto the plane as the last group was boarding 👊🏼

Next time I’ll have to give it a couple of days but now I’ve got some ideas of where to go.

Thanks all!

K

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk