Author Topic: Selling a fruit collector dream in South Florida  (Read 1449 times)

Berto

• Southwest Florida
  • Ready to learn!
    • View Profile
Selling a fruit collector dream in South Florida
« on: February 28, 2020, 11:37:59 AM »
Steve Brady one of Bill Whitman’s travel companion and rare fruit collector is selling his property in Naples, Florida, and he asked me to share this opportunity with the forum. He wrote, “ Established fruit grove and home for sale. 1.8 acres on water in Naples, Florida close to Naples Bay. Special microclimate makes this spot zone 11 most winters. 450 fruit varieties including many exceptional cultivars of mangoes. There are numerous soursops, mamey sapotes, acerolas, black and white sapotes, canistels, and jaks. Also there are rare Artocarpus species and breadfruit, cutite, chempedaks, achachairu, annonas, grumichama, ameixa de mata, pitanga tuba, jaboticabas. cambuca, and many others. The house is 3400 sq ft with 4-car garage and includes a carriage apartment over the garage. Needs renovation. $650,000.
https://matrix.swflamls.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?k=535170XD82Z&p=DE-70378283-679
Call David Goebel at Coldwell Banker – 239-285-2038.“

Berto

• Southwest Florida
  • Ready to learn!
    • View Profile
Re: Selling a fruit collector dream in South Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:29:45 AM »

The property was sold this year for over 1 million dollars.
Thank you for letting me share  this opportunity here in the forum.

1rainman

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 08:25:00 AM »
Nearly all the jobs pay aprox. $15 an hour. $2000 for a one bedroom apartment if you can find it. A million for a modest size house. This is why most workers are leaving south Florida and they can't find school teachers, cops etc. An elementary teacher makes $30k on average high school $36k. Teachers are homeless here. Everyone who works homeless unless you bought your home years ago. If you rent your rent doubled in the past few years while your salary went up a couple dollars an hour.

Add to that yesterday it was 101 with a heat index around 120 even though the news reports 96 for a high to keep tourists coming my thermometer said 101 which matches every bank I pass that posts their thermometer reading. And it's this hot every day in summer not an unusual day. Then add the bumper to bumper traffic and over crowding.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 01:30:39 PM »
Nearly all the jobs pay aprox. $15 an hour. $2000 for a one bedroom apartment if you can find it. A million for a modest size house. This is why most workers are leaving south Florida and they can't find school teachers, cops etc. An elementary teacher makes $30k on average high school $36k. Teachers are homeless here. Everyone who works homeless unless you bought your home years ago. If you rent your rent doubled in the past few years while your salary went up a couple dollars an hour.

Add to that yesterday it was 101 with a heat index around 120 even though the news reports 96 for a high to keep tourists coming my thermometer said 101 which matches every bank I pass that posts their thermometer reading. And it's this hot every day in summer not an unusual day. Then add the bumper to bumper traffic and over crowding.
SoCal just as bad.  Where to go, rainman?  The Big Island (Hawaii)?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:45:53 PM by johnb51 »
John

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 01:32:59 PM »

The property was sold this year for over 1 million dollars.
Thank you for letting me share  this opportunity here in the forum.

What was the address? I'd like to see photos / the listing. Thank you!

1rainman

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 08:11:30 PM »
Actually they have been moving here from New York and California the past few years. They sell their home for a million in Cali come here give someone $350k for a house only worth $250k driving up prices. But we don't have New York or California wages here. It's driving out working people. Massive labor shortage worse than other parts of the country. Feels like the population doubled since COVID hit. We were open for business while Seattle, New York, Cali closed up so they poured into here. Growth was already bad before that but it's insane now. The property is too expensive to grow things anymore. It was like this 2008 and collapsed though

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk