Author Topic: DURIAN IN AUSTRALIA  (Read 2630 times)

Stevo

• Australia Far North Queensland Cairns 12a
    • View Profile
Re: DURIAN IN AUSTRALIA
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 08:39:24 AM »
Have you had any success grafting Luc's? I'm waiting on two imbe plants to be delivered that I'm planning to graft my Luc's onto in the next week or two.

Have gradted lots of mature Lucs and they usually flower in sinc with the parent tree from
what I have noticed but I dont think they will be compatible with imbe.You will need a
South American garcinia for rootstock

WilliamTheYoungGrower

• SE Honduras /Zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2021, 12:40:06 PM »
Dig deeper means contact people with durians to see if there are any on sale as it doesn't happen very often. Great advice about feast of the senses in Innisfail and chasing FFF up to see if they have them for sale as it didnt seem like an option in recent times. I am chill also but don't appreciate being inferred as selfish or deceptive when that was not the intention. I do think you were fast were a little hasty in pointing fingers .

Yeah i know but instead of tellin him to “dig deeper” you could make his mission 20x easier by telling him where to look for his durian (in one of the biggest continents in the world btw, dont know how hard its to get durians there)  It seemed to me as if you were holding back on your knowledge from the begining for some reason which i dont wanna know. Im jus tellin ya since ive seen you post for years now and seen you have vast expirience in the fruit world, and i have noticed various “HERO MEMBERS” do so and i think they are the ones to pass their knowledge to others so it dosent die with them ( if they wish to aswell)

But all fair game didnt mean to sound brazy or mad mate
Salutes, William

WilliamTheYoungGrower

• SE Honduras /Zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2021, 12:43:59 PM »
Have you had any success grafting Luc's? I'm waiting on two imbe plants to be delivered that I'm planning to graft my Luc's onto in the next week or two.

Have gradted lots of mature Lucs and they usually flower in sinc with the parent tree from
what I have noticed but I dont think they will be compatible with imbe.You will need a

Interestin info stevo,  you think achacha would work well as a rootstock? Or do you have a rootstock of choice?

,William

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2021, 05:50:45 PM »
Sorry guys i didnt want to start arguments on here was just venting frustration on my observations as someone new to the fruit world.  Im sure i will get there in the end.  I certainly will make a trip down to mission beach to try that fruit tour that sounds fantastic.  I managed to pick up an achacha tree the other day so that was a cool find I have never tasted the fruit so a bit of a gamble but supposedly similar to mangosteen? I found mangosteen to be nice but certainly overated not comparable to rambutan or lychee but I have 2 x mangosteen trees planted anyway.

Stevo

• Australia Far North Queensland Cairns 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2021, 04:44:17 AM »

Interestin info stevo,  you think achacha would work well as a rootstock? Or do you have a rootstock of choice?

,William

Achacha does work but I prefer to use brasilliensis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk