Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

when to pick Chandler pummelo?

<< < (8/13) > >>

brian:
Hmm that looks nothing like I was expecting for Chandler, tedburn, but does look like what my tree produced.  I am starting to think that the pink, dry-flesh pummelos I've been buying at the grocery store for years are not Chandler, but some other pink type.  And now I have to try to figure out what it might be. 

My new Chandler from MadisonCitrus is still small, no fruit this year

Millet:
The Chandler tree I once had produced pink fruit.  During the winter months my heater is set to turn on when the greenhouse temperature falls to 40 degrees F. 

tedburn:
@ Millet and Brian, yes I also thought or expected Chandler to get pink, but if taste is excellent this is more important  ;).
Perhaps the pink coloration comes only in the warmer climates than ours.
In every case I was very pleased to be able to harvest in the same year than blooming and before winter, didn ' expect that, though this year we had a hot and dry summer.

Citradia:

This is my first Chandler fruit on a tree l got from Madison citrus last year. It’s in a pot in my living room. Overwintered last year in a greenhouse just fine. I too wonder when to harvest it. It’s huge, but I assume it needs to turn yellow before it’s ready. I’ve seen them much bigger too.

Millet:
Citradia,  do not pick the fruit green, Wait until it matures into a yellow fruit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version