Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Citrumelo Nr. 82

<< < (2/2)

Florian:
Frank,
A French guy said somewhere that he tasted both 5* and 82 and that they were close. But I can't remember where I read that.
I have only tasted a European Dunstan from Germany and I did not like it too much. It was certainly no match for my 82.

tedburn:
Thanks Florian,
for your Information. So in every case it s good to have an further citrumelo with the nr. 82 which has relativ eatable fruit. I still have 3 nice last years grafts from Dunstan and Ilya s Ichangstar 60 and Staraji55. Already curious to taste these fruits, but I guess the plants will need a two or three years to set fruits. Best regards Frank

Zitrusgaertner:

--- Quote from: tedburn on January 22, 2022, 04:05:32 AM ---thanks Mikkel, seems I have to regradt some of my Dunstans 😉, because I also see 5* better than Dunstan in taste.

--- End quote ---

5* is bad enogh! The bitterness is grave and long lasting and there is resin. Nearly as much as with my Poncirus.

maesy:
My Dunstan comes from Eisenhut and gives me lots of fruits. But I'm not sure if it's the same as the Dunstan you are talking about, since I belive there are two different typs.
The fruits are not eatable out of hands, but the juice with some sugar and diluted with water is enjoyable.

A few years ago I pollinated it with pollen of my I x S. Now I want to cut down a good amount of the tree and graft some scions of the hybrid seedling on. It may still take some years until ist first bloom, but I guess it will take longer for the seedling itself.

Florian:
Only four fruit on my potted and none on my in-ground tree this year (no flowers yet). I picked one yesterday to see how it was and tried peeling it just for the sake of it. Still the best Poncirus hybrid I have tasted (and I still haven't tried 5*). I will leave one or two fruits a bit longer on the tree to see how they turn out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version