Author Topic: 2022 Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order  (Read 23251 times)

harveyc

• Isleton, Calif (Sunset zone 14, USDA 9b)
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2021, 12:00:47 AM »
Do you have some estimate on the date you will receive the plants after the order is placed?  A friend is interested and was asking me about this.

bill_bayarea

• Campbell, Santa Clara County, CA 95008, plant zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2021, 12:01:58 AM »
Hi Bill,

I sent you an email.  Did you received it?

Thanks,
Al
Please let me know which one, which which title? I am receiving over hundreds of emails related to the Yangmei group order, I can reply.

The title is YangMei group order from zhulei88@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Alex
Sorry, I do not see the email from you. Can you please try again to biaozhang@hotmail.com?

Resent again, please confirm
received. It was in my junk mail fold. Sorry for the delay.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2021, 01:07:35 AM »
a
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 02:29:58 AM by bill_bayarea »

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2021, 01:09:35 AM »
Sorry folks, I just noticed that some emails related to the group order were in my hotmail junk folder, this had caused my late response.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 02:28:46 AM by bill_bayarea »

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2021, 01:44:52 AM »
Bill please merge stephen t. with nulli, its going to Carson. I paid with paypal from on nulli. Its just a 1 1 1 order.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2021, 02:13:27 AM »
Hi Bill,

I sent you an email.  Did you received it?

Thanks,
Al
Please let me know which one, which which title? I am receiving over hundreds of emails related to the Yangmei group order, I can reply.

The title is YangMei group order from zhulei88@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Alex
Sorry, I do not see the email from you. Can you please try again to biaozhang@hotmail.com?

Resent again, please confirm

Found your email in the junk folder, replied and thanks for your order.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2021, 02:16:40 AM »

Nate, I am so sorry. I just found your email in my junk folder. If you still like to place an order,
I can add it for you in the list.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2021, 02:18:46 AM »
Bill please merge stephen t. with nulli, its going to Carson. I paid with paypal from on nulli. Its just a 1 1 1 order.
Ok, I will do.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2021, 02:24:49 AM »
Hi Bill,
i emailed you twice yesterday and sent a forum message today. I know you are getting hundreds of emails and messages so i understand you could not reply, and don't want to bother you much. I actually wanted you to correct the order table in the post because i paid for 3 plants, one each of Biqi, Dongkui and Crystal and you have me 2 plants. Can you please update to reflect it. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, I corrected it.  Some emails related to the group order fell into my hotmail junk folder, I was not able to reply it till now.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2021, 02:39:25 AM »
Do you have some estimate on the date you will receive the plants after the order is placed?  A friend is interested and was asking me about this.

About a week to ten days. We are planning to have them ship in mid Feb, which is good time for planting.

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2021, 03:58:13 AM »

Nate, I am so sorry. I just found your email in my junk folder. If you still like to place an order,
I can add it for you in the list.

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply, and no worries! I’ve jumped on with another forum members order who I live near to make life a little easier for you ;) Thanks a bunch for putting this together!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 04:38:13 AM by FV Fruit Freak »
Nate

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2021, 11:48:57 AM »
Updated the first page's second section Group Order Record table, added # column and male tree number column. If anyone who likes to add male tree in your order, please let me know, it's at same price $40/each.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2021, 12:44:16 PM »
Are the male trees of the named varieties, or are they something else?

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2021, 10:19:57 PM »
Are the male trees of the named varieties, or are they something else?
Good question, I am checking with the vendor. My understanding is that any type would be OK. In China, even wild male Yangmei will work as long as they bloom around same time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 10:46:59 PM by bill_bayarea »

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2021, 07:38:41 PM »
In the order table of the first page, I added four new columns: BQ Male, LG Male, CR Male, and TK Male for Biqi, Late Growing, Crystal, and Tongkui separately.
Vendor says they can provide male trees for different varieties.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2021, 07:58:03 PM »
In the order table of the first page, I added four new columns: BQ Male, LG Male, CR Male, and TK Male for Biqi, Late Growing, Crystal, and Tongkui separately.

I like to add a male to the order how hard is that? Do I just give order # and add another $40 to it with a note?
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2021, 10:51:28 PM »

I like to add a male to the order how hard is that? Do I just give order # and add another $40 to it with a note?
Yes, you can send me email with the variety of the male tree. After you make the payment as you did before, I will update your record in the order table.
thanks, bill

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2021, 10:57:01 PM »

I received an email from Joe. K, he said once the shipment is delivered, he can drive up to the bay area and pick up for all the southern California orders.
 He lives nearby LAX area in LA.
 This will be a great help for southern California buyers.

Joe is one of the members in the previous Yangmei group order and made a good percentage of trees survive.

AndrewAZ

• Scottsdale, AZ zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2021, 01:01:38 AM »
Hi, I sent you a message, but never heard back.  I would to order a tree, but I do not know much about them.  Are they self fertile?  Do I have to buy 2 of one variety, 1 of 2 different varieties or can I just buy one tree.
I would very much like to get in on the order.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2021, 12:23:06 PM »
If they are being delivered to LA area customers bare root, someone should already be in the Bay Area ready to pick them up and drive to LA immediately for same day, evening delivery so people can get them situated and potted up asap.
Joe may have kept a good percentage of the last batch alive on arrival to LA without further bare root transport, but of all the yang mei transported from LA to Bay Area and Central coast last time I think 1 or 2 tree’s out of 20+ survived, so that’s not a good percentage.
Hopefully timing is luckier this round with overnight stays at ag inspection or nuking of the plants for pests or pathogens.

I received an email from Joe. K, he said once the shipment is delivered, he can drive up to the bay area and pick up for all the southern California orders.

Joe is one of the members in the previous Yangmei group order and made a good percentage of trees survive.

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2021, 12:50:49 PM »
Hi Bill, is the order still open? I messaged you yesterday but have not heard back. I tried to order on the English version of the websites, but it was all in Chinese. Google translate chrome plug in did not pick it up to translate for some reason.
PS I am in SoCal area, unless there is a group order I will likely need mine delivered by USPS.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2021, 01:10:23 PM »
If they are being delivered to LA area customers bare root, someone should already be in the Bay Area ready to pick them up and drive to LA immediately for same day, evening delivery so people can get them situated and potted up asap.
Joe may have kept a good percentage of the last batch alive on arrival to LA without further bare root transport, but of all the yang mei transported from LA to Bay Area and Central coast last time I think 1 or 2 tree’s out of 20+ survived, so that’s not a good percentage.
Hopefully timing is luckier this round with overnight stays at ag inspection or nuking of the plants for pests or pathogens.

It will be in SFO, San Francisco airport custom.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2021, 01:11:07 PM »
Hi, I sent you a message, but never heard back.  I would to order a tree, but I do not know much about them.  Are they self fertile?  Do I have to buy 2 of one variety, 1 of 2 different varieties or can I just buy one tree.

Hi Andrew, sorry, I do not see your message, did you send it in email? There is a pollination section in the top of first page.

Lots of people say that the most of grafted Yangmei trees in the current market are self fertile. Technically this can be achieved by using male seedling for root stock, or putting both female scion and male scion together above root stock. But theoretically the root stock can not be guaranteed to be male, it grows from selected seeds, and there is a chance that one part of scions above the root stock maybe fall apart. So it is always safe to add certain portion of grafted male trees based on buyer's own judgement.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 05:31:36 PM by bill_bayarea »

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2021, 01:20:10 PM »
Hi Bill, is the order still open? I messaged you yesterday but have not heard back. I tried to order on the English version of the websites, but it was all in Chinese. Google translate chrome plug in did not pick it up to translate for some reason.
PS I am in SoCal area, unless there is a group order I will likely need mine delivered by USPS.

At which channel, you and some other members were sending messages to me? I do not see that, sorry for that.
Yes, the order is still open, you can directly send me email to biaozhang@hotmail.com for orders, payment is via paypal in same address, please use Send Money to Fried option.
I can add you order at the first page's order record section.

In term of delivery, there will be a pick up location around LAX. Joe will drive up to the bay area to get all the orders for SoCal buyer.
If you have special request, you can send email to me, we can discuss.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 02:20:57 PM by bill_bayarea »

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
Hi Bill,

Just sent you an email to your hotmail account about ordering.