Author Topic: Best time to go plant shopping: All regions  (Read 404 times)

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Best time to go plant shopping: All regions
« on: February 12, 2022, 07:57:33 PM »
I just got back from Phoenix. I did a quick trip to O'Leary's. They had NOTHING that they had listed on their website that I wanted event though it was listed as in stock on their website. This is the second time they burned me :'(  >:( . No. Not that type of burn. ;D. I'm not messing with them anymore. They had a lot of plants that looked sub-optimal if compared to Florida and California nurseries (in general).

That being the case when is the best time of year to go shopping for plants in your regions? When is the time that has the most inventory? When is the time that has the best inventory?

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: Best time to go plant shopping: All regions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 09:23:52 PM »
First off...
before I go, I always make a plan of where I want to go, and call the nurseries ahead to see if they have what I want. If not, I'll find other nurseries/collectors to be certain I'll get the plants I want. I always try to coincide my trips when the most fruit is ripe. So I try to go to FL during the summer months to try the most fruit. It's not the wisest time to go during winter to FL for plant shopping as the trees can get shocked when they go into the greenhouse depending on what you get. If the nursery I called has the plant, there is a 99% chance that it will be there and looks good. All the nurseries I've visited in FL have never let me down and the plant quality has always been great. Nursery inventories always fluctuate depending on what is sold and there is never a particular season when you can be sure they'll have what you want. That said, the best time to go is whenever you have time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk