Author Topic: Help. How to sell scions here? What is the process?  (Read 706 times)

seng

• ManOfFruits
    • USA, Ca, San Diego,92126, Mira Mesa
    • View Profile
Help. How to sell scions here? What is the process?
« on: March 18, 2022, 02:49:20 AM »
I bought two items here, so I know the steps involved.  I have not sold any item by mail.  I would like to get advice on the steps involved.  I'm going to list the steps here.  Please, help answer number 0, 10a, 10b, 11, and 14 and make any other suggestion as you see fit.

0-I bougth trees from Ebay, and USDA came to my house and confiscated the plants.  Will I get into trouble for selling scions here?
1-Put the listing to sell here.
2-List the item name and cultivar.
3-List the price per item or the bundle price.
4-Set criteria such as minimum purchase, destinations you don't want to ship to, disclaimer, one week sale only, local pickup only, etc...
5-set mailing cost such as priority or first class and their prices.
6-When the items will be sent out.
7-List our paypal name, so members can pay for their items.  Members pay to friend as description.  Member must list TFF name.
8-Ask members to send the list of items they are buying.
9-Once received the payment, collect the scions.
10a-Moisturizing the scion?
10b-Wrap the scion with moist paper towel?
10c-wrap the scions with plastic food wrap.  Refrigerate the scions overnight if needed to.
11-For the mail envelop, do you buy them ahead of time or buying them when dropping of the items?
12-package the scions.
13-pay for the postal fee.
14-Do you declaire the items?  I mean, telling the postal clerk what items are?
15-get the tracking number.
16-send out tracking number.

Thanks in advance.

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
Re: Help. How to sell scions here? What is the process?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 08:53:56 AM »
Declaration of scions and seeds: “wood carvings” “wooden beads” 😂 as for #10 on annona/mango scions I prefer the scions sent wrapped in parafilm/buddy tape, the tape seals in the natural moisture of the cutting. Sending in moist paper towel you run a greater risk of the scions rotting. This is the same as taking cuttings after rain, wrapping in parafilm and grafting wet wood = rot. #11 pick up envelopes ahead of time to spend less time at post office, #16 is icing on the cake communication is key 👍

-Joe

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 10:08:11 AM »
11  You should mail them in a priority mail flat rate box small.  That way the scions won't get damaged.  That is what all of the scions I have received have been sent in.

Bill

JCorte

• Laguna Beach and Fallbrook, CA, zone 10b/10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 11:04:27 AM »
I have mailed scions, seeds, and plants to share and have had no issues declaring the items with ups.  I think it is more of an issue when these items are mailed into California or other states with strict agricultural regulations, but maybe less so when they’re from California?  Even sent items to Florida with no issues.

Janet

seng

• ManOfFruits
    • USA, Ca, San Diego,92126, Mira Mesa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 09:45:59 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I'm going to be a pro soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk