Author Topic: WTB: Myrciaria Glomerata, red cabeluda  (Read 2263 times)

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Myrciaria Glomerata, red cabeluda
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2022, 10:53:42 AM »
I quit being interested in it as much after seeing the taste test. Sounds more like a novelty fruit like most of the Eugenia and some of the other myrciaria, not much pulp or taste, just a very expensive ornamental myrciaria. I think it would be more popular and more information on it in Brazil in the last 10 years it's been around if it were worth much.

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=22155.0

You do realize it is still very rare still even in Brazil. The only taste test from Adam was just from one fruit and wasn’t sure it was fully ripe. Even if it’s not a top tier fruit it sure is very ornamental.

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2022, 10:59:09 AM »
I quit being interested in it as much after seeing the taste test. Sounds more like a novelty fruit like most of the Eugenia and some of the other myrciaria, not much pulp or taste, just a very expensive ornamental myrciaria. I think it would be more popular and more information on it in Brazil in the last 10 years it's been around if it were worth much.

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=22155.0

You do realize it is still very rare still even in Brazil. The only taste test from Adam was just from one fruit and wasn’t sure it was fully ripe. Even if it’s not a top tier fruit it sure is very ornamental.

Yeah I know others that did taste tests and they said otherwise....lol. Apparently it is a pretty damn good tasting fruit.
I grow Camu Camu, it’s what I do.
Www.camucamufarms.com

brcb7tuner

• Livingston
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2022, 01:32:21 PM »
Yup people hype up alot of these Eugenia and myrciaria that they have invested interest in, it's been popular lately.

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2022, 02:03:15 PM »
Well, isn't that true about all "rare" fruits lol. Poor analogy on a tropical fruit forum.
I grow Camu Camu, it’s what I do.
Www.camucamufarms.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk