Author Topic: HELP -fruit drop  (Read 860 times)

laidbackdood

• Perth.Western Australia.
    • View Profile
HELP -fruit drop
« on: April 25, 2022, 09:17:26 AM »
Come in Millet !...i need your wisdom......its autumn in Perth western Australia but we have still been getting 29C but its about to drop to 21-22C...we have had a really dry summer...hasnt rained at all.....
my problem......Last year i bought a large "Imperial mandarin tree" ...it had nice size fruit on it and i transplanted it into a 50 litre pot.....as the fruits reached maturity and just started to go orange.....each fruit dropped one by one and i didnt get one fruit reach maturity.....the tree was not  overloaded by any means.....i read that this might have been caused by not getting enough water before i bought the tree.......well its been through this season and ive watered it twice a week and fed with good quality slow release fert every month...little but often......it has again grown some good sized fruit but they are now starting to turn orange and one dropped last night......the same has happened for the last two years with my "Honey murcott" mandarin which is in the ground......i feed that with compost and organics in winter and slow release ferts both organic and chemical through spring and summer......thats started to drop fruits that are starting to turn orange as well......3 have come off past two days.....all small ones.......i really wonder what i am doing wrong......do i need to water more ,,,do i need to feed high potassium to hep fruit mature?...i read one guy said that if you feed too much they drop their fruit ...another if too much direct sun they drop their fruit.....im really not sure but they are both doing the same thing...am i feeding too much?...the one in the ground is in sand but ive composted the top and mulched for many years now.....but its very free draining.....some of the fruits are getting a nice size......so i have done something good so far but i cant work it out....i dont want all me fruit dropping off again...one by one......imperial mandarin in 50 litre pot and honey murcott mandarin inground...sandy soil....cheers Jon sorry the pics.are night time ......Thoughts please?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:20:58 AM by laidbackdood »

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: HELP -fruit drop
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 05:01:41 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:03:16 PM by Millet »

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 05:09:27 PM »
https://ufl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMsd-ivrDMiH9H88-XP4CPw-I9C-F3w8Jv5`

Above is a sign up sheet to attend a webinar which will air on 4-28-22  on Gibberellic acid spray to citrus control fruit drop 

Nice to see you on the forum again
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:13:58 PM by Millet »

laidbackdood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 05:36:05 AM »
my mate suggested not to feed citrus when they were ripening fruits ?

laidbackdood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 10:28:41 AM »
https://ufl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMsd-ivrDMiH9H88-XP4CPw-I9C-F3w8Jv5`

Above is a sign up sheet to attend a webinar which will air on 4-28-22  on Gibberellic acid spray to citrus control fruit drop 

Nice to see you on the forum again
i watched the vid thanks millet...i have ordered some.....in the vid it suggested spray in sept=jan (northern) so that is autumn /winter..........so now would be good(autumn /winter in aussie and fruiting)....this stuff= 500mg| Gibberellic Acid 90% TG | High Quality (Low Mesh)....how much to a litre should i go for that please?....amazingly the fruit that has dropped green....is going orange over time in my kitchen ! and tastes reasonable when i eat it .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk