Author Topic: Wanted: Japanese Yuzu (C. junos) Fruit, Cuttings, or Seeds  (Read 735 times)

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Wanted: Japanese Yuzu (C. junos) Fruit, Cuttings, or Seeds
« on: July 22, 2022, 06:55:28 AM »
Hi all,

I am looking for Japanese Yuzu (C. junos) to start from scratch, either with cuttings or seeds. I would appreciate if someone has a fruit for sale as well, as its been so long since I've had one. Please let me know what you've got and I'd be glad to pay or trade for it! Trying to avoid paying an arm and a leg for the online options, if possible.

I am specifically seeking the Japanese Yuzu (C. junos) variety, not the ​​​Trifoliate orange/hardy orange (Poncirus trifoliata) commonly referred to as Yuzu in the U.S. Thanks a ton! Located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

vnomonee

• Zone 7a northeastern NJ
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Japanese Yuzu (C. junos) Fruit, Cuttings, or Seeds
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 01:24:48 PM »
My potted tree is still small so I can't offer anything, however Briteleaf carries rooted cuttings for $25 which is a great price for Yuzu. Not sure where in Florida you're located but if they are near you can pick it up to avoid shipping fees.

If you grow Yuzu from seed you'll be waiting a long time for fruit, a couple in NJ grew a plant from seed in a pot which flowered after 12 years, although I'm sure having to bring their tree in for the winter slowed down the process.

Good luck :)!

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Japanese Yuzu (C. junos) Fruit, Cuttings, or Seeds
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 05:17:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I actually did manage to get one of the last few from Brite Leaf today. Excited to get started, thanks again!!