Author Topic: Pine Island update? 2023 mango season  (Read 643 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Pine Island update? 2023 mango season
« on: February 26, 2023, 09:07:16 PM »
This season will it be possible to patronize some of the forum members who have fruit stands and businesses on Pine Island.
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
Re: Pine Island update? 2023 mango season
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 09:20:59 PM »
That is a tough nut this year.I know i will be focusing on rehabilitation for the year and hope for 2024

John

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 10:06:49 PM »
We're hoping too, shot . . . Through your farm, we've been able to try for the first time: Black Sapote, Ross Sapote, Canistel, Ice Cream Bean, Rollinia, and probably a couple other things I can't think of now, as well as top tier Mangos and Jackfruit and Sapodilla and Longan and Lychee picked at the perfect time. It's been our go-to for the best fruit fix. Looking forward to future visits.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 08:12:54 AM »
We're hoping too, shot . . . Through your farm, we've been able to try for the first time: Black Sapote, Ross Sapote, Canistel, Ice Cream Bean, Rollinia, and probably a couple other things I can't think of now, as well as top tier Mangos and Jackfruit and Sapodilla and Longan and Lychee picked at the perfect time. It's been our go-to for the best fruit fix. Looking forward to future visits.
I concur with your sentiments fliptop. If my Energizer battery would hold a charge and I wasn't so short-winded I would offer to come help but I would just be in the way. I too am looking forward to a future visit when it's appropriate to do so. If shot needs a small mango care package. I be willing to deliver.🙂
Send me a PM if you get a craving for mango that goes unfilled.
Should have Surplus of VP and Bombay
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 10:23:39 AM »
Sort of a related question so i didn't want to start a new post. (Sorry for derailing the thread Bovine, I'll pick up some doubles for you next time you are in the area)
I'll be in the Port Charlotte area in a few weeks, I'm looking to pick about a few grafted persimmon (Kaki on native stock).
SE Florida seems to be all out and I know the hurricane recovery in SW Florida still has ways to go.
Does anyone have any nursery recommendations?

fruitnoob

• Florida, Zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 07:54:58 PM »
This season will it be possible to patronize some of the forum members who have fruit stands and businesses on Pine Island.

I’d also like to know. I am oddly drawn to PI and would support members businesses there.

Around Christmas, I spoke to the owner of a mango farm on stringfellow road (not Fruitscapes) and he did not think he’d have any mango for this year. His farm was impassable from all the fallen trees, he told me.
Tom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk