Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Introduce Yourself

<< < (341/360) > >>

srnurexpert:
thanks for your posting.

Gone Tropical:

Hello everyone, I can't believe I did not find this forum earlier especially since I have a problem which I will throw at you shortly in the correct thread  ;D
I live in Orlando Florida for the past 20 years and love all tropical plants, especially bananas with their huge beautiful leaves. In my small back yard I have several banana varieties, and then single plants: Lychee 'Emperor', Barbados Cherry (which I never get any fruit since the wildlife harvests all), Peach, Nectarine, Miracle Fruit, Dragon Fruit, potted Meyer Lemon, Mango 'Carrie', Canistel and a Wurtz Avocado (my problem child)
Great to be here, and I am looking forward reading through the wealth of knowledge in this forum. :-)

fruitnoob:
Hello!
New member from SWFL. I am new to growing fruit trees, and am already lost in the world of mangoes. I have mango and other tropical fruit trees in my small backyard. The learning from having different fruit trees has been great, and I am loving it.

Popsicle:
 :) Hi, I'm Loretta from N. Central Florida.  I am brand new here.  I started growning papaya trees from seed and they are doing beautifully.  I have one tree that I purchased from Lowe's that is actually older than the seed trees and it has barely grown!  It's been a year.   It's just 3 foot tall.  My largest tree had close to 20 frut on the main stalk.  It broke overnight and I am trying to rescue the fruit.  I know some are too young and they are oozing that white milky substance.  I think I might lose my first bunch but will watch diligently to protect new fruit.   I thought I was going to have lots of fruit to dry and some fresh to much on too.  Sad that they might have worms. 

Galatians522:

--- Quote from: Popsicle on September 13, 2022, 10:25:15 AM --- :) Hi, I'm Loretta from N. Central Florida.  I am brand new here.  I started growning papaya trees from seed and they are doing beautifully.  I have one tree that I purchased from Lowe's that is actually older than the seed trees and it has barely grown!  It's been a year.   It's just 3 foot tall.  My largest tree had close to 20 frut on the main stalk.  It broke overnight and I am trying to rescue the fruit.  I know some are too young and they are oozing that white milky substance.  I think I might lose my first bunch but will watch diligently to protect new fruit.   I thought I was going to have lots of fruit to dry and some fresh to much on too.  Sad that they might have worms.

--- End quote ---

Popsicle, I'm sorry to hear about your tree breaking. I hear you can cook immature fruits like squash or make "zucchini" bread with them. I have not made either but have eaten the bread that people made--it was really yummy. I have made Thai green papaya salad--it is good too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version