Author Topic: Please help me understand what my Mango leaves are telling me.  (Read 604 times)

qcguy4198

• Indian River County, FL
    • View Profile
Please help me understand what my Mango leaves are telling me.
« on: December 15, 2022, 08:11:45 AM »
I have a Mango tree in my yard. Not sure how old it is, but the trunk is about 8-9" in in diameter. A lot of the leaves are showing yellow on the outer edges.  Thank you for your thoughts.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 09:20:17 AM by qcguy4198 »

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me understand what my Mango leaves are telling me.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 10:43:33 AM »
. (edit: I was wrong  ;))
instagram @trumansacco

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 10:55:19 AM »
I've not seen leaves like that before, but the quick guide indicates potassium deficiency.

Usually when planted close to cement though you see micronutrient deficiencies, but I'm not seeing the obvious ones.

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 04:41:45 PM »
I've not seen leaves like that before, but the quick guide indicates potassium deficiency.

Usually when planted close to cement though you see micronutrient deficiencies, but I'm not seeing the obvious ones.

Interesting, does the cement statement apply only to mango ,or is it a general accurance with plants? I quess that acid loving species would be more sensitive?

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 06:09:25 PM »
Might I suggest you ask your question here https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=1001.msg12445#msg12445

Many very experienced members keep and eye on this post and you should get a good response.

While you are waiting for a response, take a look, you might just find your answer (assuming someone might have had the same issue)

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 10:17:20 PM »

Interesting, does the cement statement apply only to mango ,or is it a general accurance with plants? I quess that acid loving species would be more sensitive?

That's right, it's due to the high pH from the slightly soluble concrete. If the roots don't grow in that direction, it tends to be a non-issue however.

qcguy4198

• Indian River County, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 06:36:11 AM »
Thanks Orkine. I’ll put this over there. 👍
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 07:51:40 AM by qcguy4198 »