Author Topic: No-climb rat 🐀 grow platforms  (Read 382 times)

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
No-climb rat 🐀 grow platforms
« on: May 30, 2023, 07:30:33 AM »
Good morning all. I made some of these racks to keep the rats from eating the emerging seedling. They work great! I'm just to the point where I'm done collecting the seeds and moving onto larger pots. I'm not looking to profit off them and willing to trade for some cool plant(s). I have 3 available now and 1 in use for the next year. They are made for tree pots and 3.5" pot grow trays. Thanks for looking. Have a nice day!

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Re: No-climb rat 🐀 grow platforms
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 07:41:14 AM »
Pots will be included with each platform.

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 11:47:37 AM »
Nice job. Are the racks able to be disassembled Tim? Wish i could put them in suitcase and take😀

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 12:31:35 PM »
Hey Satya, thank you! They are welded solid unfortunately but for you I could probably figure out a way to make them disassemble. I'll add some thinner material to my next order and just make a prototype for you to test out since you would get good use of them. I had used what was on my rack when i made these and could go with thinner stock. These are extra beefy overkill, they dont even have any deflection when fully loaded 😆. Then if someome still wants to trade for these I wont have to alter them. I'm sure those rodents are a huge nuisance down in C.R.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 12:50:22 PM »
Nice idea, been wanting to do the same for awhile. At the moment I just have 25 traps around the seedling area and catch mice every few days.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 02:50:59 PM »
Thanks k-rimes. I feel your pain and wow thats a lot of traps. Many had been lost prior to these being made. They worked just as I anticipated and didn't lose any seedlings this time around.
If anyone close wants them I will consider any offer.