Author Topic: Sale : Annona, Guava, Jujube - Shipping Only - International Welcome  (Read 2697 times)

waxy

• San Jose, CA Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Hi,

Starting my annual pruning next week as things start to flush from warm weather.
I have the following scions available for those interested.

Cost and quantity : 10 Scions $60 Shipped
Shipping : FedEx/USPS
Limit – 2 Max Per variety
Shipping : Free, US only – International (Contact me)
Size : Girth 1/4" or thicker Length 4-6”"
Type : Wood (Some green)
Packaging : Buddy Taped to extend viability
Pickup : Shipping Only
Payment : PayPal
Free : I'll throw in extras where possible

Several 7 Gallon or larger containers available of cultivars listed below with *
Pickup preferably, they need to be repotted upon purchase due to the growth.

- African Pride *
- Big Red
- Birula
- Bradley
- Booth *
- Dream
- El Bumpo *
- Fino De Jete
- Geffner *
- Honey Heart
- Jumbo AP
- KPM *
- Libby
- Lucida
- LH Sun
- Orton
- Na Dai
- PPC
- Pierce
- Pink Custard Hybrid
- Pinks Mammoth
- Priestly
- Randhir *
- Red Atemoya (4817)
- San Pedro
- Vietnamese/Dr. White

Guavas
- Seedless Thai Guava
- Seedless Crystal – N/A
- Seedless Malaysian
- Xali Guava
- Red Malaysian

Jujube
- Taiwan Jujube
- Sugar Cane Jujube

Sapote
- Alano – N/A
- Silas wood
- Green
- Suebelle
- Vernon White

Japanese Ume
- Shiro Kaga, Green
- Mume, Pink Blush

- Random -
Daruma Wasabi Plants $145 Shipped US Only
If anyone is interested, I have 2-3 year old plants in 1g containers rhizome size of hotdogs or larger.
Foliage size around 2 foot radius, the entire plant is edible, including flowers.
They're ready to eat if you choose, I recommend letting them grow and propagate more in fall.

*** International orders welcome, please understand delivery is contingent on your postal service, had great success shipping in the past ***

Thanks!

aucsieu

• USA, CA, Camarillo, 9B
    • View Profile
    • www.yahoo.com
Re: Sale : Annona, Guava, Jujube - Shipping Only - International Welcome
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 12:07:06 PM »
I am inquiring about the seedless guava scions specifically Thai and Malaysian variety. Have you trees produce fruits before? Maybe I see the fruits pictures of these varieties. Thanks.

waxy

• San Jose, CA Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 03:32:44 PM »
Please email me for the pictures, I do not share them here as many people tend to claim it as their own (eBay).
Posting here adds to the queue of online searches. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bobooshki

• Palm Bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 06:32:57 PM »
PM sent
Robert

waxy

• San Jose, CA Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 11:58:51 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm going through all the PM's and there's a massive amount - I wasn't expecting this volume.
Appreciate everyone's patience, sorry if I missed your PM if you don't hear from me by tomorrow please resend.

Momo

• San Jose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 02:22:15 AM »
Pm send

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 06:40:59 PM »
These sale items are misrepresented when the seller describes in his own listing the size of all scions sold as 1/4"+ and then 9/10 in the order are closer to 1/8". Scion wood also looks very old with faded, dull cambium and minimum, if any, vitality.

$8-9 flat rate packages should get an order anywhere in the country in 2-3 days max. But for $10 waxy provides the cheapest shipping option imaginable that takes a WEEK to get there even if you're also in CA...

His failed attempts to incompletely wrap the scions might not matter so much if they were fresh and shipping transit wasn't so ridiculously long. But these are in very poor condition and I don't expect them to take even under the best circumstances.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:31:11 AM by Paulish »

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »
Paul, i have kept quiet about this for over 6 months. I don't care as much about the lack of quality products some people sell here as much as the immature arguing some hero members do here in the forum. So i felt i would just watch the seller over time and see other buyer's reaction, back in September when i received similar scions.

I am attaching a screenshot from then, it looks like history repeated. All my scions were micro, forum member sc4001992 had similar situation with the seller. I never claimed anything from Wan, i just thought i would never buy from him again. I have a few other names from forum that have done it and continue to put scion sales here. And there are a few who have been honest and generous to whom i actually stopped selling, i gift them and trade scions with them.

p.s - forum did not allow me to attach .jpeg image of my communication , i tried for half an hour used safari, opera, chrome nothing worked.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:41:50 PM by Satya »

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 08:32:00 PM »

The largest caliper scion barely over 1/4" was only 4" long and only had maybe 2 undamaged growth nodes... The rest are just branches pruned off it which are essentially worthless. The 2nd largest is under 1/4" and has only one node at the base which you pretty much have to remove just to graft it. And they all look like they were pruned a month ago... This is the worst scion wood order I've received by far.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 08:36:15 PM by Paulish »

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • USA, AL, Silverhill, 8B
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 09:05:13 PM »
Have any of you contacted him and gave him a chance to make it right before going public?

I know if anyone is dissatisfied with scions I send for any reason, they'll get new ones on the spot.

Anyhow, just checking.  I don't recall if I ever bought from this seller or not.

Sometimes someone sends me little scrawny things, but I don't know that I've ever complained on anyone yet.  One guy on Facebook sent me totally rotten seeds, so I do know I ended my Facebook shopping that day.  😅

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 09:42:21 PM »
I agree with Adam, you should write to Wan and see what his response is, perhaps he may refund or resend scions. I had written to him in September when i got similar scions and his response was that he will have more scions in the spring if i am looking to get more in the spring. There was no remorse or any active inclination to replace or refund. I have purchased loquat scions from you Adam and they came all in very good condition, but not all sellers here hold same principles and if it happens once it is a mistake, if it is happening to multiple buyers and repeatedly over time it should be brought to light, not to punish the seller but to improve his techniques and practices so we all can benefit from what waxy has to sell.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • USA, AL, Silverhill, 8B
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 11:21:35 PM »
Yeah, it could just be a simple education thing.  Perhaps he's not sure what kind of wood he needs to cut and is just taking random cuttings.

Whatever the case, I hope he makes it right.  Word travels fast in our tight community.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 12:48:25 PM »
Maybe thats one reason it say’s shipping only.
Scions should be cut a maximum 24 hours before shipment.
There are threads detailing people’s experiences with different Nursery’s , the same standard should be set for forum seller’s so people can have the best experiences possible and have success with their plantings and graftings. Know who sends the micro or old scions and if that happens it may not always be the seller’s fault ,but how they choose to correct it or not is important as well.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 09:16:30 PM »
Thought I'd share my experience which was different.

My first order was in 2019.  Back then he shipped with FedEx which was slower than USPS priority mail but a quick PM exchange and I had an explanation I was OK with.  This year, he shipped to me using USPS, shipped on the 11th from CA and I got it in FL on the 13th (I think that is very quick)

I agree the scions are a mixed bag and many of the scions are thin.  My initial order had some that had started drying out, the majority were still mostly green, especially the ones I got this year which were really fresh.  In my experience, he tosses in a lot of extras.  My main order was well wrapped, some of the extras were not but some were.

I have also traded scions with him and I am happy with our interaction.  Thought I should share a positive story.  Sorry, Paul, I know my experience doesn't make your experience any less dissatisfying, I suggest you reach out to Wan, you may be pleasantly surprised.

tong3829

• thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 08:37:56 PM »
i share my experience buying from him.
 i bought scions 2 years ago sent to Thailand by EMS.
some of them got rot but many varieties of them were fine.

tong

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 09:19:33 PM »
How much for the cherimoya 7 gallon pots? If you are in san jose i can come pick up.

aucsieu

• USA, CA, Camarillo, 9B
    • View Profile
    • www.yahoo.com
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 03:45:57 AM »
Have any of you contacted him and gave him a chance to make it right before going public?

I know if anyone is dissatisfied with scions I send for any reason, they'll get new ones on the spot.

Anyhow, just checking.  I don't recall if I ever bought from this seller or not.

Sometimes someone sends me little scrawny things, but I don't know that I've ever complained on anyone yet.  One guy on Facebook sent me totally rotten seeds, so I do know I ended my Facebook shopping that day.  😅
I bought scions from him. I must say it is the smallest scions I ever received. I emailed him and requested him to resend better quality. He said he will cut the scions the next day and send to me it’s almost 2 weeks now. I have not received. I emailed him twice about it. He didn’t reply to my email. Dishonest. NEVER do business this guy.

MisterPlantee

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 05:47:17 PM »
I must say that I have mixed feelings about my transaction with Wan. On the positive side, he is very friendly and quick with communication. I paid $120 for 20 scions which I thought was kind of a high price considering I arranged for and prepaid myself for UPS shipping. (The ad was 10 scions for $60 which includes domestic shipping so i thought I would have gotten a discount for the shipping) but whatever I am in Canada and it is hard to find people willing to ship to me. Wan was upfront and said that some.of his scions were on the smaller side, but I didn't realize how small "small" meant. I ordered a mix of ammonia, jujube and guava scions. The jujube scions were the largest at 1/4" however the other types were small. I couldn't get any of the guava to take because they were brownish and too small. Some were less than 1/8" width. The annona/cheremoya were slightly larger but between 1/8" and 1/4" which I think is too small. I did get some to take. So in the end I didn't get some jujube and cheremoya to take but for the price I paid I am not the happiest. Wan had mentioned that if they were too small or didn't take when i received them he would help me out but I didn't bother going that route because I thought oh well I did get some to take. But reading about other people's experience I hope that Wan will contact me and help me out as I did pay $120