Author Topic: Mango tree lost it's leaves  (Read 677 times)

3rdgrey

• USA,Fl,9b
    • View Profile
Mango tree lost it's leaves
« on: May 31, 2021, 11:08:58 AM »
I posted this in the mango disease/problem section with no results. I was wondering if  the leaves would grow back. I have two 7 to 8ft trees i had planted on mounds but moved them in the ground. This due to the 30 to 40 mph winds over the last two weeks. No rain. Ive watered them by hand. Three days ago, the majority of the leaves had fallen from the Glenn. Now the Valencia is doing the same. Are they doomed? I gave them both a gallon with superthrive yesterday. Most of my others are dropping yellow leaves.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Mango tree lost it's leaves
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 08:25:33 AM »
Give plenty of water. Did you mean that you transplanted them during a drought? Did you hard prune them at that time?

TnTrobbie

• runs with pruners
  • ZonePusher has a spot for that.
    • 10b + 9b FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 10:52:39 AM »
Sounds like transplant shock- especially if their roots were established in the mound, then disturbed to be planted in the ground. Being inground, full sun would exasperate the shock. I'd prune and shade and keep soil moist till new growth mature and harden.
The Earth laughs in flowers. And bear gifts through fruits.
No where to plant it ...but at least I got it. ;)
F*ck squirrels and deers

3rdgrey

• USA,Fl,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 12:57:03 PM »
Thanks for getting back. The reason i took them out of the mound was due to the wind and they're rocking back and forth. Just as i had suspected, they had not rooted much. I guess it would be extreme transplant shock. It has been averaging 90 plus degrees now. Ive continued watering them. I just hope im not over watering! The Glenn has 1 leaf left. I dont know how i could  shade them given they're about 8ft tall. Hopefully the wont die. Not cheap either!

3rdgrey

• USA,Fl,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 06:17:24 PM »
Both trees have new leaf buds coming out. Looks like they should be alright.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk