Author Topic: SOLD OUT Fresh Pitomba seeds Eugenia luschnathiana / Grumichama E. brasiliensis  (Read 2232 times)

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
SOLD OUT. THANK YOU ALL.
It's Eugenia season. Shipping to USA only and includes tracking in a padded mailer.

Fresh pitomba seeds from high quality genetics. Excellent flavor.

$2 each + $5 shipping

Grumichama seeds. $15 for 20+ seeds. Shipping included.

USA ONLY

Shipping can be combined. Message me on here and I will send my paypal address for payment.

I'll try to get caught up with older messages as well since I recently logged in from an extended hiatus.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:38:56 PM by Vernmented »
-Josh

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
PM sent.
Talk a little bit about ‘High Quality Genetics’. Will you be in Discussions on this topic?
Super interesting.

Stomata

• Sarasota Florida. 9b
    • View Profile
Want me some pitomba. Pm sent.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
I had a chance to taste pitomba for the first time recently.  Very flavorful fruit.  Something like apricot, but more intensely sweet and sour.  Definitely something to plant if you have the space and want to get beyond the basic tropical fruits.
John

Itay Menashe

• Israel, Raanana
    • View Profile
From the members around the world,
any chance of convincing you to ship internationally?  ;D

Vic8361

• Port Saint Lucie Florida
    • View Profile
Pm sent

Itay Menashe

• Israel, Raanana
    • View Profile
Hi
The PM systems in the forum doesn't seem to work for me
can you contact me via e-mail please?
Itaymena84@gmail.com

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
Seeds received! Many thanks, Josh!

Stomata

• Sarasota Florida. 9b
    • View Profile
Did you get my pm?

Rodneynme

• Homestead Florida
    • View Profile
What's up Josh. I was wondering what happened. I messaged you about Guillermo. I want to buy some scions from you also some yellow Grumichama scions. Hit me up let me know
 ( rodneynme@gmail.com )

Tropical Sunshine

• Coastal TX, USA zone 9B (down to zone 8A during a freak freeze!)
    • View Profile
I had the fortune of trying out some fresh grumichas; They tasted fantastically similar to a sweet Northern Bing cherry, according to my taste bud. Now I have never tried pitomba before, but the fruit looks pretty similar to a grumichama. When you taste a pitomba, can you easily tell it apart from the taste of a grumichama? Or is the flavor difference among the 2 fruits quite subtle? Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 08:53:59 PM by Tropical Sunshine »
Teach a man to fish, and he will be able to catch fish for life.

Teach a man to nurture plants, and he will be able to eat durian, soursop, mangosteen, papaya, rambutan, and guava fruits for life!

Vernmented

• View Profile
Hi all. Sorry I missed the messages here. I think I am caught up on the PMs. I still have some seeds available.

I had the fortune of trying out some fresh grumichas; They tasted fantastically similar to sweet Northern Bing cherry, according to my taste bud. Now I have never tried pitomba before, but the fruit looks pretty similar to a grumichama. When you taste a pitomba, can you easily tell it apart from the taste of a grumichama? Or is the flavor difference among the 2 fruits quite subtle? Thanks!

The grumichama are decent. I have two different seedlings next to each other and they taste similar. Both have a nice cherry flavor to them. The pitomba are much more of flavor bomb. Nice flesh to seed ratio and they taste like a spicy apricot. Really nice. I have eaten some that weren't great like the giant tree at Fairchild's Kampong. I would put my pitomba on par with the zill dark surinams quality wise which are excellent. Very different flavor but both excellent.

Hi
The PM systems in the forum doesn't seem to work for me
can you contact me via e-mail please?
Itaymena84@gmail.com

No international shipping. It really is a huge pain. I've gone through those paces before. Thanks for looking though.
-Josh

Tropical Sunshine

• View Profile
Quote from: Vernmented
The grumichama are decent. I have two different seedlings next to each other and they taste similar. Both have a nice cherry flavor to them. The pitomba are much more of flavor bomb. Nice flesh to seed ratio and they taste like a spicy apricot. Really nice. I have eaten some that weren't great like the giant tree at Fairchild's Kampong. I would put my pitomba on par with the zill dark surinams quality wise which are excellent. Very different flavor but both excellent.

Thank you! Just what I wanted to hear. Nice "spicy apricot" flavor sounds good in my book. Apricot is one of my favorite pit fruits, surpassing even some of the grafted peach varieties. It's also good to note that not all pitomba fruits are great tasting as you pointed out on the large pitomba tree at Fairchild's Kampong. Glad you pointed that out. Now I am intrigued! So many varieties and flavors out there to choose from. Such is the life of a food forest admirer.  :D

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:24:23 PM by Tropical Sunshine »

Teach a man to nurture plants, and he will be able to eat durian, soursop, mangosteen, papaya, rambutan, and guava fruits for life!

Rodneynme

• Homestead Florida
    • View Profile
This is what I need disregard my last message. I'm sending the money now but I'm gonna send extra cause I need special size scions.  Anything else would be a bonus.
3 scions 8" long at 3/8" width
2 scions 8" long 1/2" width
Guillermo Ilama scions
Shipping address is on PayPal  still 13107
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 03:33:10 AM by Rodneynme »

jaboguy888

• Florida 9B
    • View Profile
PM sent

Vernmented

• View Profile
I should be all caught up with the seed sales. I have a second crop of grumichama coming. I might put those back up when they ripen. Thanks again.
-Josh

Rodneynme

• Homestead Florida
    • View Profile
Hi Vern. I need some Pinks mammoth atemoya scions do you have any available. And I'm trying to hunt down a grafted tree or scions of  paxton prolific atemoya any help with that would be appreciated.

Vernmented

• View Profile
Just wanted to clarify, if I sent a message that I could fill your order those seeds are on hold. If I don't hear back from those in the next day or two I'll sell those to someone else. Thanks again.
-Josh

Tropical Sunshine

• View Profile
Josh is one of the most reliable sellers on TFF. His pricings are decent and affordable; Also, the seeds he sent were true to types according to my experience. Thanks again Josh for making TFF one of the best places to purchase unique and rare seeds!

Rodneynme

• Homestead Florida
    • View Profile
Guillermo Ilama scions
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »
Hi Josh please check your email I need more scions please.

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
If any seeds become available again please pm me.
Thanks! DG
Trying to grow it all!