Author Topic: Premium Sea Grapes available!  (Read 2729 times)

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Premium Sea Grapes available!
« on: October 09, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »
Well after a week Of early walkings by Cancun main boulevard where Im on vacations, I have
Probably tryed over a hundred diferent Sea Grape fruit trees cause they are all over; I came across bad ones with high level of astringency; regular ones nothing to writte home about; the good ones with some interesting flavor; but a few hours ago wife and me decided to do a afternoon walking towards the other side; she spot the tree wich was very atractive having heavy loads of fruit as any of the other hundreds of trees has; we pick up some from the ground and wow!! Delicious they got an amazing flavor we just keep picking more in front of the curious foreign tourist that were passing by; we full our pockets with them and kept walking; according Idalia they taste like a strong flavored very sweet wine;I think she is right, the flavor is like a sangria flesh is juicy but thick; the skin is edible and they are adictive, I prefer a plate of this ones rather than my jaboticaba or some good eugenias;  every time Im more convinced that there's no bad fruits, you just havent found  the good cultivars yet! When arriving to hotel we count the seeds we ate 126! Im planting some of them ,anybody interested just let me know I will send 12 for 11 usd inc shipping....

If you ever visit Cancun they are just outside of this hotel

We came back for more this morning; they are real good!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:14:10 AM by Raulglezruiz »
El verde es vida!

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Premium Sea Grapes available!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »
Congratulations, you are adventurous!  I never thought of trying to find high-quality sea grapes although I've read the native Americans ate them.
John

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
I want some of the good ones Raul.
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 06:14:45 PM »
Congratulations, you are adventurous!  I never thought of trying to find high-quality sea grapes although I've read the native Americans ate them.
Hi John; just like I said before I believe there's no bad fruits is just a matter of taking the effort to find the best varieties or the improve version, this grapes was a just good luck; just  trying  many dif trees and selecting the best wich indeed is very;very good being the sharp,sweet flavor.their main virtue, the flahor is fusion of prunes,raisins and wine, and they are addictive even the bell boy who with we share some was caught in the act picking some from the ground! Lol, just a matter of getting to find the good ones; is like the olosapo (coupeia polyandra) here we have wild trees who dont set fruit or just set a few strkngy fiber ones with no flavor, but ask Luc the ones we try in Honduras from a tree on the street just outside a primary school, what a thing! Totally dif no fiber beautyful orange glowy color and a creamy flesh with an amazing smokey winey taste; there are similar ones in the coast of the golf of Mexico but the ones we have in the pacific  are terrible!
El verde es vida!

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 06:17:02 PM »
I want some of the good ones Raul.
you got it Luc; I will be home tomorrow!
El verde es vida!

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 06:23:26 PM »
For all the ones who are getting SeaGrape from me as you may now it is dioecious; but instead of planting the trees around; just plant 3/4 little seedlings in one hole they will grow together to create only one tree with several trunks and take care of cross pollination..
El verde es vida!

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 10:11:40 PM »
Thank for the tip Raul you are the Hombre!😀👍
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

OCchris

• Old Towne, Orange, CA 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 02:23:51 AM »
Hi Raul, I would be interested if there are any left...No problem if they are already taken. Thanks, Chris

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 08:28:53 AM »
All fruits originally came from the wild.  Our hunter-gatherer ancestors at some point starting cultivating those fruits and selecting improved versions.  And then later came grafting.
John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk