Author Topic: Best tasting and most reliable Mangos for Southern California  (Read 24365 times)

Johnny Eat Fruit

• So. California, Huntington Beach. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Best tasting and most reliable Mangos for Southern California
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2024, 02:19:48 PM »
I have a two year old PPK Seedling tree in a #7 pot. I am going to harvest some scions this summer from that tree and graft it onto my Lemon zest so It will still be a few years until I can determine production and disease issues. So far though my PPK has no Mildew and looks very healthy. I will soon move this up to a #15 pot. (See photo)

I would also say Guava does well at my location. Good growth and good Production.

My Pina Colada mango seeling tree is doing well in a #15 pot. Its putting out a flush right now in my greenhouse. It will soon be too large and I will have to move it ouside. Will likely move this to a 30-36" wood box long term.

My Zill P-22 is staring to flower now and have already grafted scions of this to several other mango trees in the ground. Really looking to try this fruit if it produces this year.

This might be the first year I will get some fruit from my 0-15 mango tree (See photo). It is aslo starting to flower now. My Cotton Candy in a #25 pot is also flowering. Looking foward to more Seacrest and Coconut cream. I have both varieties on one tree and they are flowering like crazy now. (See photo)

Hopefully 2024 will be a productive year. In 2023 we had a late start due to the extended cold weather so everything was delayed 6-8 weeks. Kind of a drag.

Johnny

PPK Mango Seedling Tree (2-25-24)

0-15 Mango Tree in Ground (2-24-24)

Coco Cream-Seacrest Mango Tree Flowering (2-24-24)