Author Topic: plant growth hormones, stimulants, rooting hormones etc...  (Read 5645 times)

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
plant growth hormones, stimulants, rooting hormones etc...
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:58:20 AM »
Just curious
are you using these ?
Do you find they work ?

i grow lots of stuff,, often from seed
including papaya which is actually an herb
i know these stimulants are big in the marijuana growing community
but, they also spend tons of $ on that stuff
i have to be much more frugal.

What i would like is  a stimulant for small growing plants and roots.
Stronger plants when small are critical for papaya.

Also, something to induce, or speed flowering would be nice as well.

i am looking at Atonic and IBA-K (water soluble)

http://massspectrumbotanicals.com/category/horticulture-aids/plant-growth-regulators/

any ideas ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:05:10 AM by greenman62 »

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: plant growth hormones, stimulants, rooting hormones etc...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »
Great question.

I would expect that the fruit tree branch to be propagated should be young, with a a green stalk, and full of natural hormones of its own; i.e. the period of time before a mango fruit tree bud shoots out new leaves & flowers.

It would be awesome if all fruit trees could be propagated in this easy way.

List of Fruit Trees that Can Be Propagated by rooting/growth hormone(s):
Mango?
Jackfruit?
Longan?
Peach?
Sugar Apple?
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:42:13 AM »
Just curious
are you using these ?
Do you find they work ?

i grow lots of stuff,, often from seed
including papaya which is actually an herb
i know these stimulants are big in the marijuana growing community
but, they also spend tons of $ on that stuff
i have to be much more frugal.

what i would like is  a stimulant for small growing plants and roots
stronger plants when small are critical for papaya.

Also, something to induce, or speed flowering would be nice as well.

i am looking at Atonic and IBA-K (water soluble)

http://massspectrumbotanicals.com/category/horticulture-aids/plant-growth-regulators/

any ideas ?

From my own limited experience Pgr's can be amazing! Especially in less vigorous plants or for making those annoying leafbuds that won't grow push growth. There's alot of experimentS and papers online to be read. Obviously each chemical has different effects and uses but are best used in balanced combination ie auxins, cytokinins, and gibberellins
The problem I find however is two fold:
One the margin of error for these is often pretty small. Using too high a concentration could result in a bit of stretching and overly long internodes, still more you get curled deformed leafs that try to grow too fast and any more they might as well be herbicides(and I think they sometimes are? Not sure)

Two all plants seem to react completely differently ie what is perfect for one species seedling is instant death for another. Also obviously the age and strength of the plant is another factor and the fast growth can exacerbate nutrient deficiencies.

All that being said though I think they have great potential if used in smart ways. I read a paper I will try find, about drastically increased root mass of European forest trees given root drenches of various Pgr's at transplant. I also wonder if these can harm the soil bacteria at all?

Mass spectrum delivers great pure products and his small sizes means you can see what you like best without buying kgs first. They also have the best ppm tables for the substances I have ever seen. Would be lost without this resource!

I really recommend Brassinolide and Triacontanol mix apparently Triacontanol can be sourced naturally from alfalfa tea, i wonder what concentration is acheived though? Another decent combo so far Benzylaminopurrine,GA3,IAA at low ppm.

If you want to use them whatever ppm you want to try first half that and then half again lol. I think the absolute biggest killer of rare plants is us trying to speed up growth and buggering it up

Anyone know if any pgr drenches can harm soil I'm trying to inoculate? Also any usage guides for pgrs especially with regards to tree seedlings I would love to read!!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
I use resistim which also has growth hormone. But i use it  against phytophtera rootrot especially.

http://www.vitis-vino.nl/product/resistim-10ltr/

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 08:48:54 AM »
I have a bad attitude to various growth stimulants because it's all chemistry and it has its consequences. I prefer a natural product, I can be completely sure of it
Yes, all chemistry has it's consequences for sure! You cannot escape cause and effect! It is the ruler of chemistry and physics and biology is really just the study of these two sciences effects on life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk