Author Topic: Laurel oak tincture for HLB infected trees  (Read 462 times)

greg_D

• Long Beach, California
    • View Profile
Laurel oak tincture for HLB infected trees
« on: December 28, 2022, 07:37:34 PM »
Seems like a promising home remedy for anyone who has this species of oak growing nearby, especially given that the curative treatment (a compound isolated from finger lime trees) is likely years away from being available to home growers.

https://blogs.ifas.ufl.edu/lakeco/2021/01/21/oak-leaf-compost-for-hlb/

(Note: this post is not advocating for ignoring rules about reporting and/or destroying infected trees)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 07:40:29 PM by greg_D »

pagnr

• View Profile
Re: Laurel oak tincture for HLB infected trees
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 01:45:56 AM »
It is interesting that both the Laurel Oak Leaf extract and the Finger Lime Peptide are fairly easily applied as a drench or spray.
I wonder how specific they are to HLB treatment, or do they also enhance immunity to other Citrus disease microbes.

Another question would be about the structure of the Finger Lime peptide, and if it is particularly unique, or similar to other peptides already available from other sources ?
As the peptide is anti bacterial, I am thinking the Finger Lime fruit may be also of benefit to the human diet ?

Calusa

• St Petersburg, Florida 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Laurel oak tincture for HLB infected trees
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 08:10:51 AM »
For 3 months last Spring I tried the laurel ok extract foliage spray and drenching, and mulching with the leaves, but it didn't appear to help my citrus one bit. But then the trees may have already been too far gone with HLB. But the practice does seem to be of value in some cases.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk