Author Topic: Wonderful time of the year to walk in the yard  (Read 7855 times)

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Wonderful time of the year to walk in the yard
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:11:13 PM »
This time of year makes walking in the yard a very promising experience.  The air is filled with the smell of mango bloom.  Some don't care for the fragrance.  It is strong and hits your nose pretty hard, but i like the smell. Here is some of what is going on out my way today.

Having some trouble again posting.  Post Image won't allow me to post as the files are too large.  I'm on to Picasa Web, now Google Plus and the images are too small to see what is going on. I'll post these to see if they allow you to click and make them larger once posted.  But they don't in the preview so I am assuming they won't when posted.
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderful time of the year to walk in the yard
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »
Nope....they won't open.  Anyone have any words of advice as to how to correct this?
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:17:14 PM »

Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

Saltcayman

• Zone 13b TCI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
Beautiful Harry:)

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
Harry GREAT pictures but unfortunately they don't enlarge  :(

When you're on the image posting site do you pick the (17 inch monitor) size or larger?
Not sure if that's the problem or not whey they aren't enlarging when I click on the picture.

Either way Great pictures...hoping to see them slightly bigger though...Thanks!!

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
Edit the pictures on your desktop before you use the post image tool on the forum. Assuming you're using windows, open the picture with picture manager (or whatever it is called these days). Click on edit picture, resize, reduce to about 40%. Save. Should work fine.

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
Awesome looking trees & property !

Enjoy! Ed..
Zone 10

Ethan

• Central California Z9/9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 08:57:51 PM »
My wife always tell me she wants flowers planted, I need to show her your pics Harry, look at those blooms!  Best part, they make fruit when they are done. 8)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
Harry, suggest uploading your photos to any photo website of your choice. Then in forum message click insert image, the button right above the smiley image, and paste the url address of your specific image there. Then you will get nice big image coming up on the forum without anyone having to do any clicks to enlarge the photo thumbs. That is the way i do it.
Oscar

FLnative

• Palm Beach County Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 09:20:02 PM »
This time of year makes walking in the yard a very promising experience.  The air is filled with the smell of mango bloom.  Some don't care for the fragrance.  It is strong and hits your nose pretty hard, but i like the smell. Here is some of what is going on out my way today.

Having some trouble again posting.  Post Image won't allow me to post as the files are too large.  I'm on to Picasa Web, now Google Plus and the images are too small to see what is going on. I'll post these to see if they allow you to click and make them larger once posted.  But they don't in the preview so I am assuming they won't when posted.
With my new camera I had the same problem, but window picture manager resizing didn’t work for me. What did work was opening the picture in windows paint, then resizing, and saving.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
My wife always tell me she wants flowers planted, I need to show her your pics Harry, look at those blooms!  Best part, they make fruit when they are done. 8)

Those are not the kind of flowers most gals like. ::) They like cut flowers that keep well, even better if perfumed fragrance.  8) It's not so hard to plant a few flowering plants around base of trees or elsewhere. I have one area of my yard where i let my wife pick what she wants to plant: all flowers ofcourse.  :-* Food is noursishment for the body, flowers are nourishment for the soul...or so i've been told.
Oscar

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 09:39:06 PM »
You can also let the camera make smaller pictures. Then it should be easy to post them here.

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »
Magnifique, Harry!  Would be great to be there.....never smelled mango blooms....

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 10:50:29 PM »
Harry, suggest uploading your photos to any photo website of your choice. Then in forum message click insert image, the button right above the smiley image, and paste the url address of your specific image there. Then you will get nice big image coming up on the forum without anyone having to do any clicks to enlarge the photo thumbs. That is the way i do it.

That's what I did.  I haven't had this problem before.  These were uploaded to Picasaweb....which is now Google+.  There was no option that I could find other than to copy the url into the image brackets available on the forum.  Loading the pictures into the computer, then to a photo editing program, than up to the forum is a bit much.  I never had this problem up until recently.  Maybe its the Galaxy S-4 that's the issue....now that I think of it.
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

kimi

• Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 11:21:48 PM »
very beautiful Harry.  Those are the flowers I prefer :D   
kimi

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 11:42:15 PM »

That's what I did.  I haven't had this problem before.  These were uploaded to Picasaweb....which is now Google+.  There was no option that I could find other than to copy the url into the image brackets available on the forum.  Loading the pictures into the computer, then to a photo editing program, than up to the forum is a bit much.  I never had this problem up until recently.  Maybe its the Galaxy S-4 that's the issue....now that I think of it.

Are the photos you uploaded to Google+ large? They should show on the forum same size as on Google+. I do downsize my shots from about 10MB to 150KB, otherwise they are way too large. Your camera can maybe do this automatically? Also there are some programs that do this automatically, like Outlook.
Oscar

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 12:53:27 AM »
What a sight to see.

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 08:14:52 AM »
Is this an image of heaven?  ::)

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 08:18:36 AM »
[Are the photos you uploaded to Google+ large? They should show on the forum same size as on Google+. I do downsize my shots from about 10MB to 150KB, otherwise they are way too large. Your camera can maybe do this automatically? Also there are some programs that do this automatically, like Outlook.

Yes, the pics were taken with my cell phone....Galaxy s-4 and are full screen on my computer when the were uploaded to Google+.  I did not see any options for sizing on the upload.  maybe I missed it, but they are now reduced for some reason.  I'm going to try some other Google+ uploads to see how they now appear.  maybe that will help in tracking down why this is happening now and wasn't happening before with PicassaWeb. I could also try Photobucket, but they keep wanting me to buy more bandwidth. 
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 08:21:41 AM »

Hmm.....this is a picture i took with the same phone.  Its the Cajeta mango I received from Mexico.  PostImage is accepting it now.
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »

Same phone pics, from computer.  The top one re-sized when I did the Post Image upload, the second was left at original size thru Post Image.
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

Sleepdoc

• Davie, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
I agree Harry, I love the smell of mango in full bloom.  I take a few walks around the yard daily this time of year, it's a beautiful sight and smell.

I have seen no sign of Powdery Mildew or Anthracnose on the mango panicles thus far.  Hoping for a good fruit set.

Your yard looks fantastic as always !

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »
Go right to the postImage website and upload from there. You then have to do a quickie copy-paste job to insert the URL into your message.

Post Image does not always mesh with this website-forum. Then  go  their website

Zambezi

• USA, Houston, TX. Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »
Just Beautiful Harry!!!  :)
Thanks for sharing the pics

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 07:29:06 PM »

Same phone pics, from computer.  The top one re-sized when I did the Post Image upload, the second was left at original size thru Post Image.

Did you notice there is an option on post image to either resize the photo to several different sizes, or leave it at the original size. If you click "leave original size" it's not going to resize your photo.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk