Author Topic: Zucchini Help  (Read 1298 times)

Yook

• USA, Florida, Orlando, 9B
    • View Profile
Zucchini Help
« on: March 20, 2020, 12:35:20 PM »
I realize squash isn't necessarily tropical, but I'm having a lot of trouble diagnosing this(other forums have been useless) and don't want to lose my plants just as society starts crumbling.

My zukes are in pots and over teh last 3 days have become ill looking. They've got extensive veining and pale sections with yellow edges. The leaves are now becoming thin in spots and dying. I saw the beginnings of this on the smaller zuke a few days ago and went ahead and sprayed an anti fungal solution. They've become worse since. I sprayed neem oil yesterday(all of this in the evening), but things are deteriorating quite fast. This doesn't look like the powdery mildew I've faced previously. Thanks much.

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Re: Zucchini Help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »
My guess would be cucumber mosaic virus.  Although spread by aphids, sometimes you never actually see the aphids. Sometimes it can be spread by tools and pots.  It won't always kill the plant, but it can spread easily, so keep these plants away from your peppers, tomatoes etc and sterilize tools between crops. 

Carolyn

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Re: Zucchini Help
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 11:28:01 PM »
Are you fertilizing it at all? Seems like a small pot for that plant. I grow mine in a 5 gallon growbag and fertilize with a 20-20-20 water soluble fertilizer every other week.