Author Topic: Good price? Jaboticaba. 4' 500$.  (Read 11802 times)

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves - Redland, Florida
  • Marabu Groves
    • USA, Miami-Dade, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Good price? Jaboticaba. 4' 500$.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:14 PM »
My gut reaction is no, but you are in Denmark so I dont know what kinda of access you have to jaboticaba. 
- David Antonio Garcia

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • USA, Escondido, CA 92027, zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »
holy cow!!!   That's ridiculously expensive ... for USA buyers.
Tim

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »
Yipes, 500 bucks, seems pretty steep to me, but people are spending 800 bucks for fig trees, so who am I to know.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
This guy must have watched Treeofjoy's fig listings and wanted to cash in.
Tim

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
Wow, is all I can say,I sell 7 gallon ones bigger and bushier for $65 and people look at me side ways, i wonder what kind of looks I woukld get at $500?? lol

Andersp90

• Denmark, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
Wow, is all I can say,I sell 7 gallon ones bigger and bushier for $65 and people look at me side ways, i wonder what kind of looks I woukld get at $500?? lol

Any chance you can ship to Denmark? :)
Kind regards Anders.

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »

we are pick up only sorry,but there may be other people on this forum that may be able to ship you one.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 04:02:26 PM »

Maybe these people can ship you one. They ship plants all over USA so maybe Denmark too.

Pine Island Nursery, Tropical fruit trees
www.tropicalfruitnursery.com/
Pine Island Nursery is a wholesale nursery supplier of the world's finest quality tropical fruit trees that is open to the public through mail order and personal visits.
16300 SW 184 St.  Miami, FL 33187
(305) 233-5501

Andersp90

• Denmark, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

Maybe these people can ship you one. They ship plants all over USA so maybe Denmark too.

Pine Island Nursery, Tropical fruit trees
www.tropicalfruitnursery.com/
Pine Island Nursery is a wholesale nursery supplier of the world's finest quality tropical fruit trees that is open to the public through mail order and personal visits.
16300 SW 184 St.  Miami, FL 33187
(305) 233-5501

I have alredy spoken to them. Their minimum order is 1000 dollars and they only ship to nurserys.

Most US nurserys I contact, dont even respond..
Kind regards Anders.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »
this tree cost way too much.  The same size trees retail for about 80 usd.

and for 400,usd, I can get u a jaboticaba tree, too large to take home in your car.....and one that has fruited before.

Your best bet for getting a jaboticaba to Denmark, would be to express mail a Myrciaria cauliflora hybrid (red jaboticaba), maybe a grafted one if you can afford, but a seedling should do fine.

they stay smaller than almost all other jaboticaba species, and they fruit very early from seed, 3-5yrs, and they fruit throughout the year in good climates..so you will have more fruits throughout the year, and you 'll have a tree that stays smaller and fruits sooner!!!

that's just my advice...and don't take my word for it...I just dabble in the jabuticabeira...it's not something I care too much about.  ;)
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 06:35:40 PM »
I wish I could teleport my plants to the US ....I'll never get rich here in Mexico...
! meter fruiting E. candoleana for 15 dollars....anyone ??
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »
You can pick up one twice that size and fruiting for $65-79 dollars from the best wholesale/retail nurseries here, or probably around $120 from retail nurseries.
But with myrtle rust restrictions its hard enough to ship over state borders, let along to the other semi/hemisphere.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
luc forget the yanks with your teleporter machine as you can hit the border with a false moustache and a carload of candolleanas.It would be chicken feed.Dial an australian address and send ilamas,luc's garcinias and candolleanas through.I send back some KP's.

luc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
I wish I could teleport my plants to the US ....I'll never get rich here in Mexico...
! meter fruiting E. candoleana for 15 dollars....anyone ??

No takers ..OK ...how about 4 year old Mex. Garcinia for 10 dollars .....

This just to show that it takes a lot of work here in Mexico for the people to accept new fruits .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

luc

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
luc forget the yanks with your teleporter machine as you can hit the border with a false moustache and a carload of candolleanas.It would be chicken feed.Dial an australian address and send ilamas,luc's garcinias and candolleanas through.I send back some KP's.

KP's ????  Kensington Pride ???? No idea what you are talking about Mike . Got plenty Ilama's now , wanna trade ??
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
Is this an ok price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JABOTICABA-Brazilian-Grape-Fruit-Tree-Myrciaria-cauliflora-HUGE-4-ft-LIVE-Plant-/360493151162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ef10f3ba

Holy cow, it is like throwing money into fire! Add $200 or so, and you could fly from Copenhagen to Brazil for a weekend.  I'm sure over there you could pick bunch of this size plants for peanuts. Taste new fruits, experience new place. Money better spend

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »

they stay smaller than almost all other jaboticaba species, and they fruit very early from seed, 3-5yrs, and they fruit throughout the year in good climates..so you will have more fruits throughout the year, and you 'll have a tree that stays smaller and fruits sooner!!!

Are you talking about so called "hybrid jaboticaba"?  And what's exactly good climate? More equatorial tropics with significant rainfall?

Californiatropicals

• Vallejo, Ca Zone 9B-10A (CA sunset zone 17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »
Hey, If you're serious about buying that 4 ft jaboticaba.. email the seller and make an offer... usually e bay merchants  are more than willing to give a break on price if it means making a sale.. especially on such an expensive plant! I purchased a 3 inch tall jaboticaba air layer from a local college for 10 bucks.. it's since grown to about 6-8 inches.. they grow faster than suspected with ample fertilizer.  :D good luck!

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:58 PM »
Try Floraexotica in Canada, I think he ships internationally as well but don't know about size of trees he's willing to ship.

http://www.floraexotica.ca/Fruit.htm
Tim

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 11:52:32 PM »
Yes that is a very good price! A good price for the seller, ::) But a terrible price for the buyer. :'( Have you tried frankiesnursery.com  He is able to get phyto sanitary certificate, which you will also probably need. Really the cost of sending the plant, and the official paper work will cost more than the plant itself. You need to do it soon or your plant will freeze en route to you.
Oscar

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 02:25:39 AM »
I think i paid 30 to 40 pesos for my Jaboticaba seedlings, which comes out to about a dollar each. they were 1 gallon when I got them 3 years or so ago, they are now about 5ft tall in containers. plants are pretty cheap here.  but you wont find much grafted stuff, unless its mangoes, Citrus, or Avocado.

For what it is worth, this link below offers many tropical s they have seeds and plants, and I believe the ship world wide.  I have not ordered from them before so have no idea on shipping or speed, etc.

http://www.baobabs.com/ResultChoix2.php?Lang=en&YY=Carac&VV=Designation%20ASC&XX=Fr&Titre=Fruiting%20Plants

They specialize in Baobabs, but have lots of fruits, like Annon,s Jackfruit,  as trees, plus a larger selection in seeds. but I do not see Jaboticaba listed.

These seed suppliers in Germany have Jaboticaba, 3 Euro for 10 seeds, seems pretty good deal.

http://www.sunshine-seeds.de/index.php?cPath=31_1166&sort=2a&page=4

Read that seeds come up true ( Poly embryonic ) so maybe you can keep trying to find a members source for  seed.  good luck
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:33:06 AM by Tropicdude »
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »
This guy must have watched Treeofjoy's fig listings and wanted to cash in.

LOL... it's not a bad price, it is a robbery, no matter where in the world you are located!  ;D

Either you can get them in this nursery located in Malaga (southern Spain): http://frutalestropicales.com

Or else you can ask this on located in Tenerife: http://www.canarius.com/

The other option is this german nursery: http://www.flora-toskana.de/onlineshop2/product_info.php?cPath=840_852&products_id=6635

I have bought from all three and I can say that you can trust them all. But mailing in Germany is super fast!

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 03:19:59 PM »
BTW, this german nursery calls jaboticaba 'brazilian grape'.... LOL  ;D

luc

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »
Is this an ok price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JABOTICABA-Brazilian-Grape-Fruit-Tree-Myrciaria-cauliflora-HUGE-4-ft-LIVE-Plant-/360493151162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ef10f3ba

Holy cow, it is like throwing money into fire! Add $200 or so, and you could fly from Copenhagen to Brazil for a weekend.  I'm sure over there you could pick bunch of this size plants for peanuts. Taste new fruits, experience new place. Money better spend

The problem is that you are not allowed to take plants etc...out of Brazil ..
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north