Author Topic: covid 19 and herbs ect  (Read 17762 times)

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
covid 19 and herbs ect
« on: March 27, 2020, 10:28:35 AM »
So what are you trying to boost your immune system with and or fight inculcation of covid 19?
 I feel like a mad scientist  brewing up elixirs.Maitake ,reishi ,cordyceps some things are growing here or in my yard,Rhodomyrtus tomentosa,curry leaf,oregano ,turmeric I dry these and grind to powder.
 Besides eating well fruits ,greens ,vegetables what are you folks doing or suggest?I have two parents with me that are old 90 ,91.

FMfruitforest

• Tropical Fruit
    • USA, FL,zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: covid 19 and herbs ect
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 10:39:05 AM »
Yes i agree time to dose up! They keep reporting deaths of younger individuals with no prior health conditions while at the same time reports of old frail folks coming through just fine, It would be interesting to know the diets of these people and also there amount of daily exercise.
I know the focus first is to identify drugs to sell and treat condition.

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 10:41:02 AM »
My suggestion is to eat fruits, well balanced diet and get a lot of sleep! Sleep is the best way to boost your immune system. Also here when you have the persistent dry cough ,souch as what covid19 causes, we make oregano tea.

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 11:34:31 AM »
Yes they get a lot of sleep , they go to bed with the chickens.Teas are great, a friend , Indian professor comes down for winter break and when he has a cold he makes turmeric tea with honey it's pretty good, maybe add oregano.

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 12:23:19 PM »
fish worts has the cure for it. here's study 10yrs ago that was done on mice curing coronavirus. it grows like weed.
It is my #1 asian herbs beside basil and Vietnamese coriander.   I wrap all the three herbs in a spring roll. I can eat about 1lb of herbs each spring roll meal.  have not had a flu for the past 5yrs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18479853?fbclid=IwAR19ZBKjE3mztkWIPIIGMUnlD-sjobRHwQJehyd4x3xDfW6LrkvBn4WLsDo

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 01:39:31 PM »
Very good Fish worts houttuynia cordata worth a try ,I wonder if it will grow here ordered few plants from ebay.Maybe my neighbors vietnamese have it they have some interesting  plants.

PahoaJo

• Big Island, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 02:44:06 PM »
I'm taking elderberry and zinc currently. In the past whenever I get sick, I make a concoction of homegrown lemon juice and ginger, with raw honey and cayenne pepper.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 03:32:54 PM »
I eat bee collected pollen.
Seaberry i think it would be good also.

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 03:35:38 PM »

Seaberry because of the high vitamin C content? An alternative is to buy vitamin C in powder (i think 1000mg per day for an adult is enough)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 03:49:37 PM »

Seaberry because of the high vitamin C content? An alternative is to buy vitamin C in powder (i think 1000mg per day for an adult is enough)
Yea ,has super high vitamin C but otther 200 plus compounds,the oil,its not just vitamin C.
I think its the healthyest fruit to eat in the world.
When i take vitamins i feel no effect on my body but after eating seaberryes i feel the effects .

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 04:34:39 PM »
For Vitamin C I still have some amla (Phyllanthus emblica) on my tree.Surinam cherries high phenolic content .Brad (spaugh) must have this growing around his area ,Desert parsley lomatium dissectum.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »
For Vitamin C I still have some amla (Phyllanthus emblica) on my tree.Surinam cherries high phenolic content .Brad (spaugh) must have this growing around his area ,Desert parsley lomatium dissectum.
Have you tryed seaberryes?
The thing with them its that altough they contain soo much vitamin C,they are also edible with the meaning they are easy to eat not just a regular sour fruit.
Seaberryes contain a bitter acrid acid that slightly tastes like vomit wich causes an increase in protective mucus on esophagus and stomack thus preventing burns from sour vitamin C.
Gou can get easy high doses of vitamin C from seaberryes but it would be a challenge to get the same quantity even from good tasting fruits like oranges.

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
I'm taking elderberry and zinc currently. In the past whenever I get sick, I make a concoction of homegrown lemon juice and ginger, with raw honey and cayenne pepper.

I have made amendment to my diet to increase zinc after firsthand experience as well as scientific literature.

It helps immune function and makes you feel better.

It's present in large quantity in most things high in protein.

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 10:42:03 PM »
Yes i agree time to dose up! They keep reporting deaths of younger individuals with no prior health conditions while at the same time reports of old frail folks coming through just fine, It would be interesting to know the diets of these people and also there amount of daily exercise.
I know the focus first is to identify drugs to sell and treat condition.

They should spend more time and money on people who don't get sick, or on those who get sick and recover rapidly.
Regards,

Gary

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »
So what are you trying to boost your immune system with and or fight inculcation of covid 19?
What are you folks doing or suggest?I have two parents with me that are old 90 ,91.

Daily exercise 1/2 to 1 hour walking primarily to keep the body working better & less of a weak candidate for the virus to want to attack.
Going outside in the sunshine as UV tends to deactivate virus faster.
Taking Vit. C and eating protein to help immune system.
My herbs are usually Coffee, Green Tea, & my wife sticks Moringa and Dollar Weed into many of our lunch foods.
For sore throat I gargle and drink small amounts of Apple Cider Vinegar.  I take acetaminophen if a headache.
Carrying a bottle of water with me to stay hydrated when outside.

For 90 & 91 year old parents: I would try to isolate them from others as believed 5 day average incubation before symptomatic and any young adult or grandchild etc. may have such a good immune system that no symptoms occur often and they can pass it on to the elderly. I would try not to go into supermarkets but when you do go, I would not push the buggy & try to avoid touching the doors & atm buttons unless a paper, cloth, etc. separating finger from plastic.  Tell relatives call us often & visit us seldom till this is over.

I wish more Mortality reports for age groups were available.... All can be infected = infection rate and unfortunately this is data spread on TV.... We need to know the Mortality Rates per age groups in 10 year increments of our population...... This is the problem & why there is so much fear..... We need the real data. Germany population has some good data on infection rates & mortality: Less than 40 year olds mortality rate if infected is believed to be less than 0.4%. South Korea has a very low Mortality rate also on less than 50 year olds.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/videos/10111683294466031/?fref=mentions
32 to 37 minutes into video = Best.... IMO interpretation of video::: Very important to inform parents anyone under 9 yrs of age = very very very low chance of mortality from corona virus but may be an asymptomatic carrier of the virus to grandpa/grandma etc. Any young adult has very very low chance of mortality from corona virus if infected..... We all panic when the young are at risk but probably no significant risk & try to save resources as very very very low risk of mortality. They should probably stay away from hospitals to prevent picking up something else contagious. Moms & dads.... Don't panic.... Save resources.... Now if low immune systems, diseases, & old folks (60 +) your more at risk.... Unless you enjoy swimming with sharks, avoid going to the stores, groceries, etc. The virus is similar & lurking to be picked up on the next buggy, door handle, credit card machine, shopping cart, etc. & jump on it's weak prey.... Very similar to a shark sensing the weak fish in the ocean..... just IMO... It would probably make more sense to just recommend all people at risk to stay home confined & have young relatives drop off supplies at your door. The relatives can stay outside to help prevent your possible infection. Virus could be on your purchases but there is no good solution except wiping boxes of food etc. with disinfectant unless you want to let it sit for 4 days to hopefully inactivate the virus if on your purchases.

And the initial fear due to reporting Infection Rates without reporting Mortality Rates per 10 year age groups::
https://abcnews.go.com/…/early-mortality-rates-covid…/story…
It's possible that COVID-19 isn’t as fatal as most people think.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/germany-coronavirus-death-rate
Germany, as of March 25, has recorded 35,714 Covid-19 infections but just 181 Germans have died from the disease. That puts its case fatality rate – the number of deaths out of confirmed coronavirus cases – at about 0.4 per cent.

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 12:18:13 PM »
Nothing has been proven to be effective as of yet so just make sure that whatever you are taking does not interfere with medications that you are already on. There is a fine line between medicine and poison. Chemicals can be just as dangerous from nature as the ones from a pharmacy.

Nobody here is an idiot, but I felt it should be said just in case someone who doesn't know better stumbles upon this thread and finds "the Cure", then proceeds to poison themselves with too much of it out of fear.
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »
WebMd has a lot of info on side affects and drug interactions with vitamins and herbs.Along with others sites hopefully with non bias objectivity.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 06:36:32 PM »
Germany makes a lot of tests ,and they got manny new cases ( doubled from 25 march by now).
These are recent cases and people doesnt die instant or in a day or 2 ,thats why soo low mortality rate.
The death rate its probably 1,5-2 % ,depending on the population age .
If you look at cases that had an outcome its 17% deathrate now but its soo high because manny more are infected and not registered.
The higher the death rate, the more infected people are having mild simptoms,are not documented and are walking free infecting otthers.

The virus doesnt kill nobody,its their own immune system that kills them by over reacting .
You need a weak immune system to have mild symptoms but not too weak because then it will be atacked by bacteria and otther pathogens and complications will start ( ie,bacteria will kill you instead of the virus).

Women have almost double chanches to survive because their immune system its weaker ( weaker means stronger actually,more resistant to allergyes for instance).
They have weaker immune sistem because they have to accept foreign DNA of the father when they get pregnant.

Bee pollen causes an allergic reaction ( usually mild ,non visible but for an alergic person can be deadly) and trains your body to not over react when it gets foreign contaminants like the virus.
Then ,in case you got a flu or a common cold,the symptoms will be mild because the immune system its used to not over react .

Altough somme people claim bee pollen its a wonder cure and fuperfood,it is not.
As a curiosity its not even a food because we can not digest it ,but its more valuable than a food because it can train your immune system .

palmcity

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 11:15:12 PM »
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00885-w
“Cruise ships are like an ideal experiment of a closed population. You know exactly who is there and at risk and you can measure everyone,” says John Ioannidis, an epidemiologist at Stanford University in California."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cruise-ship-data-helps-reveal-coronavirus-death-rate-researchers
"The 3.4% death rate the World Health Organization has reported... there is criticism from nearly all scientists that's too high, because of the under-reporting of cases."

"Russell and nine other researchers at the school analyzed the data from the cruise ship and, comparing it with Chinese data, estimate that the death rate from the virus is about 0.5 percent"

Hopefully more data will be released showing healthy people less than 50yr  are at an even lower mortality rate. This should decrease the populations fear. Also release of true mortality data will allow people to make informed decisions of risk of working etc.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 11:43:38 PM »
Palmcity,the cruise ship Diamond princess has 1,5% deathrate not 0,5 and it also has 15 people in intensive care.
Where do you get your facts about 0,5%?
Look here,detailed ,live ,worldwide corona situation.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 12:41:20 AM »
Palmcity,the cruise ship Diamond princess has 1,5% deathrate not 0,5 and it also has 15 people in intensive care.
Look here,detailed ,live ,worldwide corona situation.

Donf forget that a large portion of people that go on cruises are usually elderly. So it should be expected the death rate to be higher than that on the total population

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 06:39:57 AM »
Ive got a cold and i sneezed @300-400 times ,runny nose and eyes( eyes turned red a little) ,a little dizzyness at begining for @ 40 minutes and fever 37,5 C +mild headache probably from too much sneezing.
Difficulty breathing when i got to sleep but i took a nose spray and wasnt verry bad.

Now after 9 hours,a warm bath and 2 hours of sleep i feel almost healed.
For sure tomorrow morning i will have no sign of this and probably will even test negative if i do the corona test.( im not sure its corona).
I expected to be much worse but it was actually just 30% of the intensity of a regular 24hours cold.
Still skary due to the circumstances.Actually it was soo skary at somme point that ive considered to take a Xanax wich now im glad i didnt.
Now il have to self quarantine for 2 weeks to protect otthers in case its corona.

The bee pollen jar wich i think it helped me and toilet peper used as handkerchief ,proof of the cold.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:47:40 AM by SeaWalnut »

Pokeweed

• Houston TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 09:24:02 AM »
I hope for your full and complete recovery! A 2 week quarantine may suck. I say "may" because it may just be an excuse to stay home and work on your projects.
I can't. Essential employment......

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 09:42:22 AM »
Ive got a cold and i sneezed @300-400 times ,runny nose and eyes( eyes turned red a little) ,a little dizzyness at begining for @ 40 minutes and fever 37,5 C +mild headache probably from too much sneezing.
Difficulty breathing when i got to sleep but i took a nose spray and wasnt verry bad.

Now after 9 hours,a warm bath and 2 hours of sleep i feel almost healed.
For sure tomorrow morning i will have no sign of this and probably will even test negative if i do the corona test.( im not sure its corona).
I expected to be much worse but it was actually just 30% of the intensity of a regular 24hours cold.
Still skary due to the circumstances.Actually it was soo skary at somme point that ive considered to take a Xanax wich now im glad i didnt.
Now il have to self quarantine for 2 weeks to protect otthers in case its corona.

The bee pollen jar wich i think it helped me and toilet peper used as handkerchief ,proof of the cold.

Running nose and sneezing are NOT symptoms of covid19. You have just a normal cold hopefully!

palmcity

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 10:28:29 AM »
Palmcity,the cruise ship Diamond princess
Look here
I hope you recover quickly. IMO your odds are great of recovering if less than 50 by your pictures and I hope no disease states like diabetes or pulmonary issues and I see you do a lot of physical activity which is great.

It's almost useless to post infection rates except for an idea of when the spread will peak as all can be infected as no vaccine or immunity apparently until you have been exposed to it or until they make a vaccine (in progress). The WHO data page list::: IMO is of little more use as the TOTAL CASES is not = to TOTAL INFECTED. You are only looking at a very small subset of people that have worse symptoms and needed to be tested when seeing their total cases reported.

The WHO data page brings extra extra extra fear of death (Mortality) to all less than age 60 as those less than age 60 with no disease state or low immune system (according to U.S. as I see you may have been taught in reverse thinking at an overseas institution) are at a much lower Mortality rate than posted on WHO website list...

For the elderly::: IMO the WHO data page brings less fear of death to all over age 70 as those over age 70 with or without disease states are at probably a higher Mortality rate than posted on WHO website list.... IMO..... IMO the elderly should try to be isolated till this passes or a vaccine is available.

As you can tell, I am not fond of the WHO data format being reported.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 01:33:29 PM by palmcity »