Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Embarrassed by my Baboon lemon…. worth keeping it?

(1/3) > >>

Tropicaltoba:
Hey everyone, I have limited space in my greenhouse and just got my first fruit of my baboon lemon. It was a nice size and looked good and was looking forward to making a couple of cocktails for myself and a friend, but was very embarrassed with the amount of juice I got from it, less than a tablespoon.

What do I do? Will it get better as the tree ages, or did it need more water etc. Or do I get rid of it in an attempt to save my reputation as a tropical cocktail connoisseur?

Here is what’s left after I crushed it trying to salvage my cocktail.

poncirsguy:
There is still a lot of juice in it.  Your tree will produce better lemons as it gets older.

pagnr:
How were the cocktails ?
Any different to using regular Lemon or Lime ?
I hear it has flavour elements of both.
Sounds interesting.

Millet:
There is a reason that the Baboon Lemon is not used commercially.  t is a seed factory.  Keeping the lemon is up to you.  I would rather spend my time growing a worthwhile lemon cultivar.

Tropicaltoba:

--- Quote from: pagnr on March 18, 2023, 01:33:02 PM ---How were the cocktails ?
Any different to using regular Lemon or Lime ?
I hear it has flavour elements of both.
Sounds interesting.

--- End quote ---

It was ok, I like citrus with sparkling water and a nice blanco tequila. Usually in a 1:1 of juice to tequila. The flavour was ok, the half ounce of tequila was the most dissapointing. I much prefer a red or persian lime flavour wise, also I can usually get 2 oz of juice per fruit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version