Citrus > Citrus Buy, Sell, & Trade

Looking to buy Bumper Satsuma trees.

(1/2) > >>

CarolinaZone:
I Killed mine this year in an outdoor zone 7 experiment. I need to get some more trees. Thanks for any help.

sc4001992:
Never heard of a Bumper Satsuma, is that a local name given to a Satsuma variety, I don't see it on the UCR CCPP database.

BorisR:
This is one of the changsha×satsuma hybrids bred by Ying Doon Moy.

CarolinaZone:

--- Quote from: sc4001992 on April 22, 2023, 05:57:59 PM ---Never heard of a Bumper Satsuma, is that a local name given to a Satsuma variety, I don't see it on the UCR CCPP database.

--- End quote ---
Man, Let me tell you these things are great. The problem is they are NOT cold hardy in Zone 7 without protection. Neither is Arctic Frost or Orange Frost. Bumper is super productive. I bought some Saxon and Becnel branded trees. The both died in the cold tolerance test and unfortunately I can't find any Saxon and Becnel sellers who have them or anyone else for that matter. I also couldn't get them to sell me any because I don't have a Nursery License.

Pandan:

--- Quote from: sc4001992 on April 22, 2023, 05:57:59 PM ---Never heard of a Bumper Satsuma, is that a local name given to a Satsuma variety, I don't see it on the UCR CCPP database.

--- End quote ---

https://www.saxonbecnelandsons.com/exclusive-varieties

artic frost satsuma is more famous. Honestly "bumper" through me off too, a quick scroll I thought OP wanted some extra fruit. Learn something new every day lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version