Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

later wild mulberries extend the season (mid August latest) Anyone looking for

(1/2) > >>

Francis_Eric:
Hi I am hoping some forgers here are looking for late mulberries or any other unique quality ?

These can also be used for a trap crop to ward off birds to other crops as well..

Francis_Eric:
(second post may contain pictures edit in later today/tomorrow )

July 6ths (see ripe mulberries near these still hard white ones )
at least this row should ripen around August 15th
 (also notice some are ripening now even though most are white (EDIT on that tree.)

I am also looking to trade
seeds
I can offer  scion , (free)
 and would like to get pollen for a long term project

(note I do already have dried seeds as well from last year)

Francis_Eric:
Surprised no one else is forging for wild mulberries ?

I throw a rope over the tree, and shake them onto a tarp
but if you tie a heavy stick onto the rope make sure it doesn't come back, and hit you , but kind of exciting.

Francis_Eric:
Actually it is the first Home made wine I drank
My Next door neighbor is a older Dead Head  I knew since a Teenager
After she Moved She called up Her (A associate for business ) , and smeared Mulberry all over her Neck in her dim lit (long) driveway

He went screaming Thinking She's dead .

(she laughed when she told me , (I also dropped the 5 gallon jug of wine it was strong )

(note I do have my wine to age a year or so , but when getting large amounts in multiple 5 gallon batches I sometimes indulge Mulberry wine ages or mellows more quick maybe it is the high levels of malic acid (sharp acid found in Apples ) I do not I just know it mellows faster then most.)

(I also like flavor , her wine smelled scary at first, but actually I was surprised it tasted good , but very light (on taste) tasting )
 it was not really aged , but tasted smooth (not hot burning sensation  like vodka immature wines are known for ,
 but at the time (I didn't know anything about wine -- just the smell needed some time to mellow)

--- Quote ---Hi I am hoping some forgers here are looking for late mulberries or any other unique quality ?
--- End quote ---

Also would like to see dry type fruit
Freeze dried a little unripe mulberries should be the next best thing

I may have a Species that dries like that (at least I have whole fruit dried ,
but have to monitor the tree to be certain
 (not a quality people want , but I do for other uses),
 ---> and have seeds of whole fruit dried the amount of  a sandwich zip lock bag full. )

Francis_Eric:

--- Quote from: Francis_Eric on July 06, 2022, 09:54:08 AM ---Hi I am hoping some forgers here are looking for late mulberries or any other unique quality ?

These can also be used for a trap crop to ward off birds to other crops as well..

--- End quote ---

Most mulberries I see around here are just sweetish , but found some sour ones (red/ white hybrids)
Some outside the airport (midway In Chicago or right by Cicero Metra BNSF Train stop)

Yield doesn't seem to heavy but May be a down year (like one wild very  heavy bearing one here)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version