« on: March 09, 2022, 03:42:56 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:13:10 AM by sc4001992 »

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale: White Sapote Cuttings
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 07:55:21 PM »
"Not selling to any newbies"

Just intrigued to know what you are hoping to accomplish/convey with this?

seng

• ManOfFruits
    • USA, Ca, San Diego,92126, Mira Mesa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 09:09:50 PM »
I wonder the same thing.  I'm a newbie, but I have been growing subtropical fruit trees for 28 years.  For me, I might even sell at a cheaper price for newbie as an encouragement or incentive.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 09:28:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:15:33 AM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 10:10:21 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:15:13 AM by sc4001992 »

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 10:11:01 PM »
Just my experience. Don't need the hassle dealing with people that just join to buy cuttings. You can buy from someone else that does not mind selling to newbies, not from me. Also noticed from previous post about newbies complaining about their purchase from good standing forum members. Giving the sellers a hard time because the buyer don't know what they are doing or don't know how to graft a cutting.

I'm doing this for the forum members that have been contributing to this forum for some time (1 year sounds right to me), not to make some money to sell to just anyone. In fact, for those older forum members that can't afford to buy these, just send me a PM and explain if you are short on funds and I will work something out with you.

People that just join to buy cuttings? Thats quite a broad assumption. But listen I won't tell you how to live your life. Just find it funny how conveniently you had messaged me, a "newbie", last month asking for persimmon cuttings but then want to gatekeep due to when someone joined a forum

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 10:13:30 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:14:13 AM by sc4001992 »

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 10:14:33 PM »
I wonder the same thing.  I'm a newbie, but I have been growing subtropical fruit trees for 28 years.  For me, I might even sell at a cheaper price for newbie as an encouragement or incentive.

Exactly. I've been in this hobby for well over a decade but just found out about the forum a few months ago. If someone doesn't want to sell to me for that reason I'll be alright. This type of stuff can be discouraging to the genuinely new people to the hobby.

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 10:21:01 PM »
Ok, have it your way. Don't send me any PM response Nick.

Yea, except I did. I let you know I would keep you posted. Nice deflection up there ^ lol Have a good night man

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 10:24:03 PM »
It's one seller, move on Nick. He doesn't even have to sell to anyone. There will be more opportunities just keep an eye out.

Sellers also sometimes express locations restrictions but I don't see international members make too much of a racket about that.

I'm relatively new but I learned if I can't wait a year for something, I'm in the wrong hobby.

seng

• ManOfFruits
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2022, 10:33:18 PM »
Seng,

I see that you have some nice fruit trees, but don't see you selling any and mailing them out.
Why don't you try selling some of your cuttings to newbies as you suggested if you think that's a good idea.

I sold out my trees last years on craigslist and offerup.  So far, I don't have anything much to sell.  Since I joined this site late last year, people did want to buy some stuffs from me,  and I told them that I only do local pick for now.  Two years ago, I bought trees oversea on ebay, and they were confiscated by USDA and warned of fine if I do it again.  That is why I'm not in a hury to do any shipping.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2022, 10:38:56 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:14:41 AM by sc4001992 »

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2022, 10:41:17 PM »
It's one seller, move on Nick. He doesn't even have to sell to anyone. There will be more opportunities just keep an eye out.

Sellers also sometimes express locations restrictions but I don't see international members make too much of a racket about that.

I'm relatively new but I learned if I can't wait a year for something, I'm in the wrong hobby.

Oh I'm good. Nobody owes anybody anything in life, not even an explanation. I just saw that phrase on multiple posts from them and it rubbed me the wrong way considering the hypocrisy.

seng

• ManOfFruits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 10:58:40 PM »
sc4001992, thanks for explaining your reasons to not do so.  I have come across your other posts a few times, and I honestly think that you are a good person with good intention based on those posts.

Peace.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: Closed
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 10:25:34 AM »
Kaz is a great and honest member of this community, and has helped many people out.

I can also relate to being frustrated about being excluded from an offer.

slopat

• USA, California, central coast, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022, 08:23:30 PM »

I don't know what this thread started out as and how it went sideways but I concur what roblack said.   

Kaz guided me on how to root mulberry cuttings and deal with loquat scions as a beginner. I look forward to reading the posts on this forum each day to gain more knowledge and maybe  be fortunate enough to catch some super group buys or sellers selling good stuff. I've seen some frustrations that both sellers and buyers have had in the past year or so (Brad and the DF shipping costs still tops the list!)   But hey, for a non-business, how someone's time spent and their conditions for sharing knowledge or for sale is up them, readers or buyer's are lucky this is available. 

It is disappointing to be excluded from a good deal but one solution for scions would be to find another supplier, multiply/grow it into a massive bush, and then sell the stuff unconditionally and at the cheap - becoming the hero for all the newbies and everyone else!

FruitFool

• san diego, ca, USDA zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 09:49:52 PM »
Kaz is one of the good guys on the forum and generous.
Hopefully newbies will get what they are looking for here on forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk