Author Topic: Garcinia Nitida Seeds  (Read 1894 times)

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
Garcinia Nitida Seeds
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:07:15 PM »
I received a couple of Garcinia Nitida seeds from Tradewindfruits, on Saturday after being in transit for over a week. The seeds were in wet Vermiculite? and they had sprouted, they had about half an inch of roots at one end and a quarter inch of shoot at the other end. But they look sort of dried out. Any way I soaked them in water for an hour and then placed them between moist paper towels. Today I will buy some spagnum moss and plant them in it. Can any body tell me will the seeds survive?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Garcinia Nitida Seeds
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 01:33:44 AM »
Post a closeup photo of the seeds.
Oscar

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »
Dear Oscar, Thanks. I am attaching a photo.BTW just me know when you receive the Marolo seeds, because I am planning to order some more seeds. Save you the trouble of sending two parcels.Chandramohan.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
Dear Oscar, Thanks. I am attaching a photo.BTW just me know when you receive the Marolo seeds, because I am planning to order some more seeds. Save you the trouble of sending two parcels.Chandramohan.

I think that seed still looks ok. FYI should have marolo ready to send out in about one week.
Oscar

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 06:05:45 PM »
Thanks for yr help,Oscar. I am relieved. I will be back in India by 16th May. If I can do any thing for you, please do not hesitate. Is it possible to send seeds to the US? Chandramohan.

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 01:16:51 AM »
Can anyone who has tasted fruit of brunei cherry (G. nitida) comment on the fruit quality/flavor?
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk