Author Topic: Visiting Orlando FL  (Read 7919 times)

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting Orlando FL
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 11:13:41 AM »
I would go straight from the airport to Adam's he's a great host and will have everything waiting when you arrive.

^This. So much this.
Dom

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2016, 02:45:15 PM »
Do floridians take coconuts as forms of payment?  Hahaha.  Jk.   Unfortunately one thing Hawaii doesn't have is Disney cruises。。。。。

I'd love to visit Hawaii some day. In the movies it looks so much more "lush" than Florida.
Maybe it's all those gorgeous mountain waterfalls.

if you do come to Hawaii, aside from maybe visiting frankies, spend as little time as you can on Oahu. go big island or as a matter of fact any of the other islands.

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 10:46:53 AM »
Larry is located in my hometown of Winter Garden.   We are ten miles north of Disney and not far from most of the convention centers. 

Our historic downtown has some great places to dine.   The Chef's Table has been rated tops in the area.  It has a Prix Fixe menu that is hard to beat.  Its separate bar is set up like it was in the speakeasy days with gins and whiskeys as their ambiance. 

Crooked Can Brewery is our craft beer location and next to it may be the best burger in the area with a coal fired pizza place next to that.    You can grab a beer and sit at the pizza place if you want.  Open to get a beer and wonder around the other craft locations.   

Our farmers market is open on Saturday mornings.   Great time to people watch, there will be live music.  Our downtown has speakers in the shrubs so sometimes I have to hang out until a song is over, before I continue my walk.  The market is well attended and we are having to build a parking garage to park everyone.

We were once the citrus capital of the world.  The late citrus hall of famer Bert Roper built a place with aquaculture on the roof.  You can eat the veggies and tilapia downstairs at the cafe there. So we have a lot of history including a just enlarged museum of local history.  You can find old citrus labels and citrus history of the area if you wish.   

If you like kicking around a small downtown, you will love us.

To the west of us just north of Clermont is Lakeridge winery.  It has a nice looking vineyard for Florida standards.   Muscadine grapes of course. 

Toppys on Merritt Island would be a great place to visit as he has Lychee and Longan there and if something is ripe will have some for sale.

If you go up to Adam's, save some time to do the Air Boat ride at Black Hammock on the other side of the lake.  More Gators per acre than any lake in Florida.  Better than any theme park.   

enjoy and if you need directions, I am a native of the area. 

palologrower

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 08:20:15 PM »
Okay.  Unless I get delayed, I arrive in Orlando Airport on a Friday October 7 @922am.  Hoping to not have checkin luggage.  Then, I have to be back at Orland Airport by 2pm. 

Is it doable Adam to check out your spread?

Or should I go with WGPhil's suggestions and pig out until wife and son arrive at the airport @2?

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 11:54:58 PM »
Okay.  Unless I get delayed, I arrive in Orlando Airport on a Friday October 7 @922am.  Hoping to not have checkin luggage.  Then, I have to be back at Orland Airport by 2pm. 

Is it doable Adam to check out your spread?

Or should I go with WGPhil's suggestions and pig out until wife and son arrive at the airport @2?

traffic could be heinous, you would be cutting it close...but you'd probably have about 30-45 min to spend here.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

FrankDrebinOfFruits

• Kauai, HI 12A
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2016, 02:43:11 AM »
adam, looking like I'm being dragged on a Disney cruise in October. 
May arrive 6am in the morning in Orlando from Honolulu.  Boat leaves 5pm. 
Is that enough time to grab a rental car, drive to your place and check out your farm? 
Lance

Florida people "might" take a vacation to Hawaii if all that Florida sub-tropicalness bores them or makes them stupid. But it's never the the other way around, where Hawaiians come to Florida for a vacation cruise. You have been Shanghaied. Not to worry we have many tiki-hut establishments to make you feel right at home and some right in Orlando

Going to florida for a vacation in October (not a cruise). The .... evil ... mouse.... is calllllling me.....

palologrower

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 03:31:19 AM »
@flyingfoxfruits.

still heading to florida on Thursday. If i miss the boat cruise/or is cancelled, can i visit?   ;D

if not, may end up just getting stuck in ATL.

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 09:15:47 AM »
@flyingfoxfruits.

still heading to florida on Thursday. If i miss the boat cruise/or is cancelled, can i visit?   ;D

if not, may end up just getting stuck in ATL.

Your cruise hasn't been canceled yet? There is zero chance it's happening this weekend. I'm surprised the cruise line hasn't already tried to reschedule with you.

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
Brevard is in evacuation mode.. The bridges will be  shut down and the ship has no place to go but into a Hurricane

I would plan accordingly

FrankDrebinOfFruits

• Kauai, HI 12A
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »
I land in Orlando Sunday night. Storm should be cleared out by then. I am sure this week is gonna stink weather wise.  Batten down the hatches!

palologrower

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
yup. no word yet.  my wife, son, and her parents are leaving tonight from honolulu to florida. i leave tomorrow. i ain't gonna get stuck if i don't have to.  maybe i'll just fly to Hilo or something for the day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk