Author Topic: Where To Buy Tropical Fruit Seeds Online  (Read 198115 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Re: Where To Buy Tropical Fruit Seeds Online
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2022, 09:36:12 AM »
I have had really good luck with Oscar at Fruit Lovers, Tradewinds, Montoso, and also Forest House in Cameroon.

In fairness to these sellers, you can try to select good seeds all you want, but without a pair of magic glasses, there is no way to tell what is actually viable. Germination is affected by a million tiny variables.  Ordering one or two of a variety is just silly.

I always order more seeds than I need, to account for varying germination rates, and because shipping is so hard on some seeds.

Out of 30 Mandela's Gold strelitzia seeds, I got one to germinate.  Of course, over-ordering is also why I currently have 50 cacao seedlings...

I ALWAYS pay for the fastest delivery and feel it is worth it.

Cheers, Carolyn

wangyouqin

• china
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2022, 01:47:33 AM »
https://fruitsyfarms.com/  This is also a good source

bulahi

• pahoa, HI
    • View Profile
    • Homesteadinʻ Hawaii Seed Store
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2022, 02:42:32 PM »
Aloha Kakou,

I would just like everyone to know that there is a new seed company in town, Tropical Tree Seed Co.  It is one that Iʻm starting up from the big island of Hawaii. 

If you are interested in tropical fruit seeds of any kind, I can get them for you, as long as theyʻre in season.  Feel free to check out the site, right now we have Ice cream bean, Abiu, Soursop, Longon and more constantly being added.  Plus Iʻm pretty generous with how many seeds I put in each envelope.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HomesteadinHawaii

Mahalo Nui Loa.
Sean

cassowary

• Australia FNQ 13a Tropical Monsoon
    • View Profile
    • cassowaryseeds
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2022, 09:41:52 PM »
My first experience with Lilith-vzla

Nothing personal against the seller, just sharing my experience.
Communication where always good.

Most of the seeds I received from my first and only order where of poor quality, not whole (holes etc.) and completely dead. There where only two species out of 5 that where alive and had already germinated quite a lot.
I can tell they where dead since they where rotten or disintegrated to mention two characteristics.
Paid for fast DHL shipping and it was delivered fast so I "assume" that some seeds where already old or dead when sent by this seller. Maybe they where stored in the bags for a while before dispatch.

No labels on the individual packages, except just "RED" and "Orange" for Eugenia mcvaughi (I assume). The others no label and I can't distinguish the seeds from each other.
Found only 2 seeds of Duguetia lanceolata (I assume cause no label) when 10 was paid for and the seed medium where very old despite the fast DHL shipping. (Maybe the other where disintegrated, idk)
Have not seen this old/decayed seed medium in other sellers packaging or when I have sent myself even if transit was over 4 weeks.

update: The seller told me that there is a reason for not putting the name on. and maybe that seeds might have been lost in transit. Offered to send again.

Sad to have this experience and money wasted.

My experience with fermamo, Cameroon
Good communication, fast at shipping out, and decent packaging (these days he packages better with more padding), quality is good but sometimes the transit time is very long unfortunately.

My experience with Forest house
Good communication, never received anything cause always got lost or returned, even DHL returned for some reason and FHC where ok with dealing with that and offering to resend.

My experience with Mick Mick
Very good seed quality and plant quality. all good.

My experience with Poscii
Very good seed quality and sends fresh and fast, good at packing, easy to communicate with. All good.

I do acknowledge that if seeds don't germinate or arrive it's all the sellers fault, I do take some responsibility too.

Peace,
cassowary
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 10:40:36 PM by cassowary »
CASSOWARYSEEDS.COM
Seed shop and Seed exchange

Escadora

• FONSORBES
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2022, 12:22:37 PM »

Most of the seeds I received from my first and only order where of poor quality, not whole (holes etc.) and completely dead. There where only two species out of 5 that where alive and had already germinated quite a lot.
I can tell they where dead since they where rotten or disintegrated to mention two characteristics.
Paid for fast DHL shipping and it was delivered fast so I "assume" that some seeds where already old or dead when sent by this seller. Maybe they where stored in the bags for a while before dispatch.

No labels on the individual packages, except just "RED" and "Orange" for Eugenia mcvaughi (I assume). The others no label and I can't distinguish the seeds from each other.
Found only 2 seeds of Duguetia lanceolata (I assume cause no label) when 10 was paid for and the seed medium where very old despite the fast DHL shipping. (Maybe the other where disintegrated, idk)
Have not seen this old/decayed seed medium in other sellers packaging or when I have sent myself even if transit was over 4 weeks.

update: The seller told me that there is a reason for not putting the name on. and maybe that seeds might have been lost in transit. Offered to send again.

Good communication, fast at shipping out, and decent packaging (these days he packages better with more padding), quality is good but sometimes the transit time is very long unfortunately.

Good communication, never received anything cause always got lost or returned, even DHL returned for some reason and FHC where ok with dealing with that and offering to resend.

Very good seed quality and sends fresh and fast, good at packing, easy to communicate with. All good.

I do acknowledge that if seeds don't germinate or arrive it's all the sellers fault, I do take some responsibility too.

Peace,
cassowary
Do you have a link or contact for fermamo Cameroon ? Thanks

chongbg

• Seattle
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2022, 05:54:35 AM »
Does anyone know where I can buy Psidium Salutare seeds, besides a member huertasurbanas?  These are creeping bush type guavas, not tree types.  Thanks for any info.

cassowary

• Australia FNQ 13a Tropical Monsoon
    • View Profile
    • cassowaryseeds
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2022, 01:07:13 AM »

Peace,
cassowary
Do you have a link or contact for fermamo Cameroon ? Thanks

The best way to contact him would be to send a "Private message" to his profile on this website. Look up his last post in the "sale" section and go to this profile from there and send a PM.
CASSOWARYSEEDS.COM
Seed shop and Seed exchange

love_Tropic

• Tustin,CA, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2022, 06:38:11 PM »
Hi, do anyone have "Nam Doc Mai #4 " (NDM #4) seeds? I would like to grow NDM from seed. Being a polyembryonic mango,  it can produce a true copy of the parent tree. Also, there will be a vigorous growth for So.Cal cold coastal weather.

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2022, 10:17:27 PM »
Aloha Kakou,

I would just like everyone to know that there is a new seed company in town, Tropical Tree Seed Co.  It is one that Iʻm starting up from the big island of Hawaii. 

If you are interested in tropical fruit seeds of any kind, I can get them for you, as long as theyʻre in season.  Feel free to check out the site, right now we have Ice cream bean, Abiu, Soursop, Longon and more constantly being added.  Plus Iʻm pretty generous with how many seeds I put in each envelope.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HomesteadinHawaii

Mahalo Nui Loa.
Sean

Hi guys I can verify Sean is very generous, 3 healthy abiu seeds for great prices!
instagram @trumansacco

devgadmango190@gmail.com

• India, Maharashtra, Devgad
    • View Profile
    • Devgad Mango
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2023, 06:26:05 AM »
If you looking for A+ grade Alphonso Mangoes or Devgad Mangoes then this url will be of great help!
https://alphonsomango.in/products/devgad-alphonso-mango

TanRobRet280885

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2023, 04:13:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I am new here and wonder if there are other rare seed suppliers that can ship to Thailand. I'm helping a botanical garden in Chiang Mai to find some seeds and already checked the recommendations here and they don't have what I need available  :-\  I'll appreciate any leads
Best wishes,
Tania

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2023, 07:40:19 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I am new here and wonder if there are other rare seed suppliers that can ship to Thailand. I'm helping a botanical garden in Chiang Mai to find some seeds and already checked the recommendations here and they don't have what I need available  :-\  I'll appreciate any leads
Best wishes,
Tania

Hi Tania,

Welcome!
I think it depends alot on what exactly you are looking for.

What might also work is posting a WTB(Want to Buy) post in this subforum and list everything you are looking for.

Hope that helps!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Seeds of Malta

• Malta, Europe, USDA 11
    • View Profile
    • Seeds of Malta
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2023, 08:00:21 AM »
Hello,
I have Myrica rubra (Morella rubra), Yangmei, Yumberry seeds for sale
I ship from Malta, Europe.
Check my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SeedsofMalta
Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/seeds_of_malta
Etsy http://seedsofmalta.store/
Send me message on Facebook page if you require any additional details

Brian laufer

• USA. California. Oceanside. Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2023, 05:21:36 PM »
Raindanceseeds.com

for rare plant seeds, plants, edible fruits and spices. I try to focus on offering difficult to find products and species.

cucumber

• spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2023, 05:51:04 PM »
Where can I buy fruits online in Europe ?

jibinsabu

• Kottayam,kerala, India
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2023, 02:21:54 AM »
We, M-Tech Gardens , from Kerala,India , dealing with many Tropical Fruit plants and Seeds, We can Ship Plants and seeds all over the World. Log on to our Website www.mtechgardens.com and Purchase Plants and Seeds

Catherine101

« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2023, 09:42:39 PM »
I appreciate Murahilin for the suggestion.

agroventuresperu

• Peru, San Martin, Rioja, Zone 12, 950m elevation
    • View Profile
    • AgroVentures Peru
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2023, 08:39:48 PM »
Expereince with farwell farms this far.
Had satisfactory germiantion of porcelia nitidifolia and plina salticola from farwell farms. Garcinia macrophylla will take longer to germinate but seeds look healthy when scratched.
It was easy to communicate with them and it's great that they offer DHL. Very good experience.

Experience with trade winds seeds this far.
Nothing arrived. Maybe it's beause the packge will have the keyword "seeds" on it. Even allowable import gets destoryed sometimes when handled by underpaied custom workers. Would be better if they offered DHL.

Experience with rare palm seeds online this far.
Nothing germinated (could be me or could be the seeds, will see once i get same species again), took a loooooong time to get here and support was non existant for months, strange legal ordering system, pobobly to make it hard for custopmer to get refund. Hopefully they can improve communication and quality.

Experience with seeds del mundo this far.
Nothing arrived. Maybe it's beause the packge will have the keyword "seeds" on it. Even allowable import gets destoryed sometimes when handled by underpaied custom workers. Would be better if they offered DHL.

Experience with sunshineseeds this far.
Not the best germination but I where happy to get something to germiante since they are from Germany, fast shipping, good package, had some seeds germinate
I didn't expect super fresh seeds like from a grower or local and with that in mind I was happy with my purchuase anyway. Looked at the list, "new listing" as these would hopefully be the freshest.

My experience with different sellers on etsy this far.
Low quality seeds or very old seeds, probobly won't use etsy again for this purpose.

My experience with different sellers on ebay this far.
A lot better then etsy. But still patchy seed quality. Ofcourse depends a lot on seller. Good to have some buyer protection.

Sadly,

Ordering seeds internationally = Throwing your money away.

I've had some successes over the years. But mostly failures. I don't think I'll ever try again.

Anyone else thinking about ordering seeds internationally, please just save the money and paypal me that amount instead. Sure you won't get anything in return, but at least your money will be going to help a good cause. I could really use some help keeping our 10-hectare food forest project going here in Peru.

My paypal address is my email address: scottmobar@gmail.com
I'm kind of posting this tongue-in-cheek, but thanks in advance if anyone actually sends me funds.

Here's a recent video showing one small section of our project. Most of the land is hills, but this is one flat area close to the creek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYvHTpYAcyo&pp=ygURYWdyb3ZlbnR1cmVzIHBlcnU%3D

zwanif

• algeria
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2024, 08:13:21 AM »
I need some sugar apple seeds (different varieties)
And San Pablo and Fernandes reticulata seeds
Anyone have them?!?

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
Re: Online Tropical Fruit Tree Seed Sources
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2024, 06:40:51 AM »
Wow great to know about these sources even just for a stickybeak.I don't buy seeds online but I have heard people recommend Simply Thai.
http://www.simply-thai.com/Thai-Market-exotic-thai-fruit-seeds-index.htm
When I click on this it only shows about restaurants!

hawaiitreefruits

• HILO
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2024, 12:12:27 AM »
Anyone have experience with Gardens Under Sunlight.  Their website https://www.hardtofindtrees.com/ suggests that they sell actual trees, not seeds.  But there is no indication of their location.  Are they located in the U.S.?

zwanif

• algeria
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2024, 07:54:34 AM »
Www.Raindanceseeds.com
www.seedshuntershop.com
www.bellamytrees.com
Www.happajoesnursery.com
Www.tradewindsfruit.com
Www.andersontropicals.com
Www.wanderlustnusery.com
Bellamys shipped my order the next day
Anderson it's lik five days
For raindance well. It's been nearly 15 days till. Today no shipping
For now. Bellamys website is the best

Fruit of Ascension

• USA, Oregon, Portland, 9a/9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2024, 03:32:39 PM »
Www.Raindanceseeds.com
www.seedshuntershop.com
www.bellamytrees.com
Www.happajoesnursery.com
Www.tradewindsfruit.com
Www.andersontropicals.com
Www.wanderlustnusery.com
Bellamys shipped my order the next day
Anderson it's lik five days
For raindance well. It's been nearly 15 days till. Today no shipping
For now. Bellamys website is the best

Very much agree with this! I've had problems with a couple sellers on this list and they did not resolve the issues in a manner worthy of note or just straight up ignored me.

I highly recommend Kameron with Bellamytrees. Every time I've reached out with an inquiry, concern, or problem he resolved it in a favorable way. IMO, hes the best professional seller in the exotic seed biz. His customer service is unparalleled and nothing short of incredible.