Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 621245 times)

TropicalFruitSeeker

• Vancouver, Wa
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1675 on: February 10, 2022, 01:59:27 PM »
Hey all!
Erik here up in PNW Zone 8b Vancouver Wa. Always enjoyed eating exotic fruits but being up here they're hard to come by and spendy with shipping. Figured for the rare fruits I'll just grow them myself as a long term goal of being able to try them someday. Pitangatuba, Savanna Cherry, African Peach, Jaboticaba, Marula, Toad Tree, Tejocote, Annona stenophylla all at different growth heights currently. Always searching for more exotic and random fruits to try.
The dream is to buy land and toss a green house or two on it and open an exotic u-pick farm here in Washington for others to enjoy.
Enjoy reading everyone else's posts about what they've got going!
Cheers,

Batyr

• Russia, Chelyabinsk, 4a or 3b
    • View Profile
    • Northern mulberries
« Reply #1676 on: February 18, 2022, 04:31:25 AM »
Hello everyone!

I am Boris from Russia. I live in zone 3b/4a, we have up to -40 here (funny, but this number means the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit degrees).

My main interest is growing mulberries here. So I'm making a collection to see which of them will easily withstand our winters and short summers. For now I have about 30 or 40 local samples, most of which are nameless, so I call them by the name of a person who sent it to me.

Midwestfruitjungle

• -10 F won’t stop me 🌱
    • USA, Indiana, 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 23, 2022, 10:13:36 AM »
Hello all! I am Thomas. I live in Indiana which is around zone 5b/6a. I am a biology pre-medicine student and don't have a lot of time, but passion finds a way. My dorm is littered with tropical fruit trees with some in the lobby, study rooms etc. I like to say I am diversifying my portfolio. I love guavas, plinias, eugenias and I have always wanted to try garcinias. I am hoping one day to construct a conservatory, but for now, container gardening will have to do. I have certainly lost a few plants (miracle fruit, papaya, several grafted mango, citrus and plenty more) to pests, diseases and unknown reasons, but that won't stop me from pushing the growing limit.

Here is a look at more dorm room:

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 23, 2022, 10:50:45 AM »
Always glad to see another zone pusher- Welcome!

Hopefully many tips and tricks for you to pick up on

Aiman Abas

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: March 27, 2022, 01:19:14 PM »
hello. My name is Aiman from Malaysia. i am nursery manager dealing with durian plant only. i have mango other tropical tree also in orchard, from my relative. i live in village, no building more than 3 floors around 50km. that a of village i live. i love reading about fertilizer, chemical control, grafting, doing expriment. hope i can make friend from here with person same interest. thanks. btw, sorry my english is bad

pdxambassador

• Orlando, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 05, 2022, 03:32:35 PM »
My name is Brian, and I'm new to gardening. Down here in Orlando FL we are lucky to get a lot of tropical garden options year round. And having spent time in SE Asia and visited Central America I fell in love with a variety of tropical fruits that I haven't seen in any US produce aisles, so am building a garden to try to replicate some of those experiences.

I've planted a alphonso mango, red lady papaya, Taiwan yardlong beans, Datil peppers, and some heat tolerant cukes, watermelons and tomatoes.

Other than a new passion for gardening, I love dating my wife, playing with my four kids, writing music, reading literature, and cooking.

heru09

• indonesian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 06, 2022, 02:25:22 PM »
Alright, greetings healthy always
Introducing, I'm Heru and I live in the tropics.
here are a lot of fruits that are so rare, that maybe all of your friends don't know about it. and might as well have known.

Grapelover

• China
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 07, 2022, 01:36:53 AM »
Hello, everyone!  :D My name is Jackson and I'm from the US. I moved to China 13 years ago and have made it my home. I'm currently living in the mid-Southwest with my lovely wife and three sons. My hobbies are growing sundry wild grapes, dead languages (proto-Germanic and PIE), and pure mathematics, which I'm not at all good at.

I look forward to plundering your stores of wild grapes for my collection.  ;D

agreendream

• Koh Phangan, Thailand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 15, 2022, 11:36:43 AM »
What a GREAT surprise to find this place!
I will be really keen to join in, share and learn!

I am Christopher (Chris is fine), living in the UK right now though about to move to Thailand, Koh Phangan.
So, my next big growing project will be there and I am really excited to get started!!

Many thanks!
Chris

jtickle740

• Texas, Zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 09, 2022, 12:45:48 PM »
My name is Justin and I am a high school coach/ teacher.

I spend all of my free time in the yard trying to perfect my garden and grow copious amounts of Dragon Fruit.

I am a huge fan of composting and free mulch.

berryman

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Berry Man
The Berry Man
« Reply #1685 on: May 13, 2022, 05:38:10 AM »
The Berry Man is a Sydney based one of the best wholesalers of frozen berries and fruits in Australia. Either you want to purchase dry fruits, fruits ingredients and frozen fruits or pulp or frozen vegetables, you can contact The Berry Man.

berryman

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Berry Man
The Berry Man
« Reply #1686 on: May 13, 2022, 05:39:37 AM »
Hello Folks!

The Berry Man is a Sydney based one of the best wholesalers of frozen berries and fruits in Australia. Either you want to purchase dry fruits, fruits ingredients and frozen fruits or pulp or frozen vegetables, you can contact The Berry Man.

simonbbty

• Sacramento
    • View Profile
Re: Hello ALL.Cole from Fresno CA
« Reply #1687 on: May 15, 2022, 10:29:15 AM »

I will be really keen to join in, share and learn!

I am S Cole ,From Ca USA right now though about to move to UK.
So, my next big growing project will be there and I am really excited to get started!!

Many thanks!
Simon Cole

Martinez Point

• thousand oaks, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 16, 2022, 08:23:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

New member here, living in Thousand Oaks, CA.  I used to live in Ecuador for work (rainforest conservation) and over the years I found myself missing the delicious variety of fruit more and more.  I recently moved to a new house with a good amount of space to plant trees, so my journey has begun.  I have around 40 trees in the ground at this point, with a bit of potential to expand if I ever want to.

I haven't even read through this forum yet, but figured it's time to say hello and take the jump.

Thanks in advance for whatever wacky questions I may pose...  ;)

best,

Dave

Eric Estrada

• USA, CA, Ventura 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 16, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »
My Name is Eric Estrada (yes like the washed up actor:) I live in Southern California and have been fond of rare fruit about 4 years. I’m currently growing black pomegranate, saturn peaches, all sorts of dragon fruit, finger limes and a bunch of citrus. You can usually find me on the citrus pages they’re my fave. I’d love to trade seeds or scions just ask:)

Slee2089

• Winter Park, FL32792
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 22, 2022, 01:54:03 PM »
Hello everyone, I am an amateur fruit tree grower in the Orlando Central Florida area. I have a few unique trees that grow well in Florida. I find myself growing more interested in growing and caring for these trees, however sometimes the information on-line can be overwhelming and sometimes misleading. I am hoping this forum will help me with growing and caring for my specific fruit trees.

Thanks
WP Lee

fruttier

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 30, 2022, 12:16:14 AM »
Hello members! Glad to join this great community. I am new at growing tropical fruit, but I hope to be useful here someday. I really want to grow citrus.

All the best!

Pouteria_fan

• Redlands, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: June 09, 2022, 04:44:09 PM »
Hello hello!

Zone 9b, California checking in here - interested in Sapote fruits and many other types of well. Excited to grow a fruit forest!

prabhi s

• trinidad west indies
    • View Profile
    • yahoo
« Reply #1693 on: June 13, 2022, 01:06:00 PM »
A new comer to the forum interested in growing Drago fruits and new to  the field of Dragon fruit .
Any advise is well appreciated
Thank you
Prabhi S.

EdiblePlantsWiki

• Athens, Greece
    • View Profile
    • Edible Plants Wiki
« Reply #1694 on: June 17, 2022, 05:29:30 AM »
Hello everybody,
I'm Argyris, a fruit enthusiast from Greece and also proud creator of the Edible Plants Wiki fandom community and instagram page!

FigoVelo

• Sebastopol, California, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: July 19, 2022, 12:10:26 AM »
Hi folks. I live in Sonoma County, California. I own 2 acres on a hillside where we have gotten as low as 27F in the past four years. I mostly grow figs but am hoping to establish productive white sapote trees here, as well as cherimoya (though that seems like a longer shot). I am also working on some avocado trees. They're doing okay. I would love to eat lucuma, too. So many tropical dreams! I hope to learn a lot here -- enough to get me past the challenges associated with the winter frost we experience here. I have no chance of growing mangoes or durian, so I will mostly be listening for info on the fruits above.

Alastair 

Yuko

• US
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: July 22, 2022, 10:52:15 PM »
Hello friends, my name is Marika. I am very, very fond of Citrus (my username is chosen for Yuukou, Citrus yuko), but recently, some other fruit species have piqued my interest as well. I hope that my amateurish questions shall not be too unwelcome, I have little experience beyond Citrus.
Thank you very much!

Reno

• Cocoa Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 01, 2022, 06:13:26 PM »
Hello my name is Richard and my wife Nancy an I live in Cocoa FL.  We purchased our 1+ acre country home and have begun planting mostly mango and Avocado trees 62 of those two trees so far after being here 1 year.  I joined this forum to learn and share knowledge.  We're hopind to learn many things from this forum!  I look forward to learning and expanding our knowledge and orchard and developing new friends.

Rich and Nancy

cdin12

• USA, CA, La Mesa, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 06, 2022, 09:28:52 AM »
I live in San Diego, grew up in an older neighborhood with a moderate size yard on the edge of a canyon. That I think that helped spur my interest in plants and nature. I have grown fruit and plants before, I have a decent collection of cycads, but I am just starting to get into rare fruits and rare fruit trees.

This form has helped my a lot in learning about fruits, places to purchase, and the best varieties. Based on forms, I'm still working on trying to secure a Sweet Tart Mango from a local source; otherwise, I will purchase a 1 gallon from Florida, hope it doesn't flower to death, and grow it up. Additionally, I just purchased about a 1/2 dozen Eugenia's based on discussions about the best tasting Eugenia's. Since space is somewhat limited, I'm trying to find vining plants and dwarf varieties. So far I have been fairly successful, especially on the vining plants, I found a lot more than passion fruit, dragon fruit, and grapes.

afriadoni

• thanks God , i was born in paradise :)
    • jl. ganesha 01,kotabumi,Lampung , Indonesia
    • View Profile
    • tropicalseeds.wordpress.com
« Reply #1699 on: August 06, 2022, 11:26:48 AM »
Hello everyone....
my name is doni .
just wanna say 'hey' to my old friends ...
i was selling some seeds and scions (last time on 2017)

regards

#please send me a msg if you know me, just miss u guys