Author Topic: ISO Wurtz Avocado  (Read 769 times)

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
ISO Wurtz Avocado
« on: June 29, 2021, 09:49:54 PM »
Looking for a Wurtz aka LittleKado! Live in Wisconsin but I’m willing to pay shipping and cost of the plant if anyone has a grafted variety. I can only seem to find them for $120+ which I’m about to pull the trigger on, however would like to check here first to see if anyone has one willing to ship and get rid of. Payments sent via PayPal!

John B

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Wurtz Avocado
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 12:13:20 AM »
That's a high price but maybe it includes shipping? Here, they run $25-35 for a 5 gallon from big box stores. I googled "Little Cado" and a couple places came up around $45. Not sure on their shipping. Did you try that?

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 07:49:55 AM »
That's a high price but maybe it includes shipping? Here, they run $25-35 for a 5 gallon from big box stores. I googled "Little Cado" and a couple places came up around $45. Not sure on their shipping. Did you try that?

Yes it includes shipping. Comes in a 3 gal container but still a high price for what it is haha. Most other places seem to be out of stock for me, or charge 45-70$ for a 1ft tree.

kingoceanos

• U.S.A. Texas,Conroe 77303 8B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 12:11:04 PM »
Fourwindsgrowers carries them and you can pre-order now for the fall, run around eighty dollars total with shipping, but it will be a newly grafted tree.
Here is the link. https://www.fourwindsgrowers.com/
Good luck.

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »
Thank you!

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 03:25:05 PM »
They sell them at lowes for 30$ here.

Honestly this is not a good tree or fruit though.  I would not recommend growing it theres plenty of better options.  If you just want to grow a smaller tree, sharwil is way better.
Brad Spaugh

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 10:08:02 AM »
They sell them at lowes for 30$ here.

Honestly this is not a good tree or fruit though.  I would not recommend growing it theres plenty of better options.  If you just want to grow a smaller tree, sharwil is way better.

I just thought they were one of the only dwarf avo’s around so figure that’s what I’m more so limited to. I don’t mind fruit flavor, I just like to get fruit. In a smaller container I’d be lucky to get more than 2 per season as it is, along with being an A type allowing some fruit without another tree.. I’ll look into sharwil though! If it can be grown in a 10-15gal I’d definitely be interested in finding one.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:10:47 AM by franklazar26 »