Author Topic: would you chargeback an order?  (Read 1049 times)

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo- Miami.FL addr
    • View Profile
would you chargeback an order?
« on: February 19, 2022, 01:19:38 PM »
well i've bought some stuff from another member, not gonna name em but everything else from every forum member arrived. now the seller shipped over a month and 2 weeks ago but no sign of the package. seeds must be dead but i don't want to be an asshole either if it's not his fault? but idk. would you wait more?

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: would you chargeback an order?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 02:12:45 PM »
Stuff can happen with shipping but at the end of the day what you do must depend on the nature of your deal.
For example, if the seller gave you a bunch of caveats regarding shipping, that is one thing, if on the other had the seller made some guarantees regarding shipping that is on the other end of the spectrum.

My suggestions is the communication you need is with your seller not so much with us, unless of course your seller is not talking to you anymore :)

vnomonee

• Zone 7a northeastern NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 02:22:28 PM »
i'd wait until the package arrives, and since it's looking like that might not happen contact the seller first. since you've waited over a month if they don't provide a solution then i'd go for the chargeback

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 03:22:19 PM »
Did you get a tracking #?
You should be able to see if the shipment was ever shipped
and the current status?

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 04:50:49 PM »
 @Orkine & vnomonee: Yes i did contact the vendor twice and he told me "to wait 3 weeks" because the package can be delayed because of covid...it had already been more than 3 weeks tho and now it's been more than twice of that and i've contacted him again.

@achetadomestica: Yes he gave me a tracking number once shipped but it NEVER worked online and can't find anything about it online. it's not USA. Which was weird to me.

However he still has some good reviews so i don't want to even name him.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 06:27:36 PM »
Depends on what you agreed to when purchasing.

Can't blame a seller for shipping issues, unless they agreed to swallow that risk. Well, you can, but is not rational. Once someone sends something, they are no longer in control. Many people will work with you if something happens, but do so at a cost. If a private seller will help out when shipping fails, I usually offer to take 1/2 the loss.

Tracking often is inaccurate, have had stuff show up when tracking showed nothing. Late, early, never. Makes me wonder what could still show up after all this time. 

If they did not send, that is another issue.

Good luck obtaining what you seek.

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 11:56:31 PM »
Is it shipping from Mexico?
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 07:05:21 AM »
@roblack i've only consired this because i can't track the package but ty i will wait for a new seller's reply then i will decide.

@Filo no it's not from Mexico.

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
he will resend if it doesn't arrive...he's a good guy it seems  :)

shiro

• France La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 05:51:55 AM »
First research what you can get in your country if there is no phytosanitary certificate.

Because maybe the goods are held by customs, because the content is not allowed without a phytosanitary certificate.

Always be aware of the laws that govern this in your country and in other countries.
Also to avoid that some exaggerate by asking for documents when there is no need for it.

Small recent story:
I noticed when I was trying to find out how to order annona seeds from TopTropicals.com.
Some nurseries or sellers think that the US rules are the same as in Europe.
I have been asked for a phytosanitary permit for seeds and to be able to start the procedure for the phytosanitary passport.
But it's funny because in Europe it's mainly plants that need it. Scions and cuttings depend on the country of destination (if the species represents a sanitary danger) but it is case by case depending on the country. Seeds are considered low risk and therefore do not require a plant passport in Europe (but there may be exceptions depending on the country).
Information obtained by the DRAAF in France.

Oh yes for information fruitlovers, the plant passport is not enough. It is also necessary to be an approved nursery in your country, to send seeds to the USA.

Each country has its own laws, always check first.