Author Topic: ISO Miracle berry Plant  (Read 422 times)

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
ISO Miracle berry Plant
« on: April 15, 2022, 07:37:14 AM »
Hello,

Looking to purchase a miracle berry mature plant if anyone might have one for sale? Shipping to Wisconsin. Spring is here and temps are warm enough!

Thanks!

directrepeat

• Austin, Texas USA zone 8b
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Miracle berry Plant
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 12:10:57 PM »
Hi Frank, I can't help with the plant, but I wanted to offer a suggestion--have you tried freeze-dried miracle berries? If you look on Amazon for "Miracle Berries by Snozzberry Farm" you'll see the good ones. I have a miracle berry plant and enjoy getting berries from it, but it produces at best 20-30 berries a year (it hates our chlorinated, alkaline water, and our cold winter--in Zone 5 you're going to have to keep it indoors half of the year). The freeze-dried ones are awesome for when you don't have fresh ones--they're much better than the lozenges made out of miracle berry extract.

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Miracle berry Plant
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 01:35:51 PM »
Hi Frank, I can't help with the plant, but I wanted to offer a suggestion--have you tried freeze-dried miracle berries? If you look on Amazon for "Miracle Berries by Snozzberry Farm" you'll see the good ones. I have a miracle berry plant and enjoy getting berries from it, but it produces at best 20-30 berries a year (it hates our chlorinated, alkaline water, and our cold winter--in Zone 5 you're going to have to keep it indoors half of the year). The freeze-dried ones are awesome for when you don't have fresh ones--they're much better than the lozenges made out of miracle berry extract.

I had the pleasure of trying fresh berries last year, ate a whole lemon with it, but scorched my throat lol as a lemon is still a lemon, but it really worked and tasted like lemonade!

I wanted a plant for sure, and keep in containers. more-so as a novelty, but I know the freeze dried fruit does not give as a potent effect. for the price as well, 10 freeze dried berries are around $15. I found a few plants for $50, but am waiting to see if any member might have a mature plant before I order from somewhere else. Containers isn't a problem as I already house various rare tropicals and citrus already here in Wisconsin haha.