Author Topic: Did i overfed my lemons ?  (Read 641 times)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Did i overfed my lemons ?
« on: June 01, 2022, 01:49:06 AM »
The two plants had alot of flower buds, two days after the first feed the buds that were the closest to blooming started falling, on both of them. Now various sizes of flower buds are continuing to fall, i recon that about 50% have fallen.
One mandarin thats full of buds and is about to flower theese days, does not have this problem.
The leaves do not show any fert burn signs, a friend also has a lemon and shte also said that after fertilizing her buds also started to shed......

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Did i overfed my lemons ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 01:08:00 PM »
In citrus, generally only 1 to 2 percent of the flowers ever remain to produce fruit.  If every flower on  a citrus tree remained to produce fruit, the tree would be crushed under its own weight.  The flower drop had nothing to do with fertilizing.

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Re: Did i overfed my lemons ?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 02:28:10 PM »
In citrus, generally only 1 to 2 percent of the flowers ever remain to produce fruit.  If every flower on  a citrus tree remained to produce fruit, the tree would be crushed under its own weight.  The flower drop had nothing to do with fertilizing.
yes i know that trees in general drop flowers ,but isnt this happening to the ones that do not get pollinated after flowering? Mine are dropping before flowering ,as unopened buds.....