Author Topic: Rare jaboticaba from Perú & ORANGE COTRG FOUND!!!  (Read 932 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Rare jaboticaba from Perú & ORANGE COTRG FOUND!!!
« on: September 21, 2022, 10:25:06 AM »
Reservation: marcospcmusica gmail.com , prices : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

The spring/summer 2022/2023 season has started here in Argentina, and my pickers find themselves searching for rare fruits everywhere at Misiones. The rains have not been good, but still several trees bore fruit again, and we hope to get new species or varieties too.

We started with jaboticaba of Peruvian origin just like last year, with larger fruits. We have analyzed the fruits and leaves and they bear some resemblance to Myrciaria coronata and Cauliflora. We still don't know what species it really is, but I see the leaves as more similar to the coronata.

It is a fairly rare species for Misiones, where similar but not identical jaboticabas abound.

We will be taking reservations for this rare species from today, but the shipment to my partner in the USA and subsequent redistribution will be at the end of October approx. Now it's time to do a great job of bureaucratic procedures, phytosanitary certificate and comply with international standards for anti-fungal treatment and that kind of things.

On the other hand, we are looking for the Orange COTRG, which we know has borne fruit but is difficult to locate. We will have news soon.

Peruvian jaboticaba, Plinia sp.:

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: Rare jaboticaba from Perú & ORANGE COTRG FOUND!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 01:54:54 PM »
I will receive the fruits of orange COTRG in a few days,
We are taking reservations for the super rare orange COTRG to ship worldwide.

I already received the peruvian jaboticaba ones (almost all sold, just selling outside USA)

Filozophr

• Just a teen who’s into plants and plant research
    • Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 05:53:58 PM »
What exactly is Orange Cotrg? How long does it take from seed to fruit?
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 01:33:36 PM »

It is Cherry of the Rio Grande with orange skin. I have some of these from Marcos and they took about 2.5 years to fruit. They look very similar to CORG eugenia involcrata but the growth habit is quite different - less tree like, more bush like. Their trunks are much smaller than comparable CORGs I grew during the same time. They are a lot sweeter, but at the same time lack complexity. I need to try them again next year as you can't judge a plant on its first fruits. It is a keeper though.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 11:28:26 PM »

It is Cherry of the Rio Grande with orange skin. I have some of these from Marcos and they took about 2.5 years to fruit. They look very similar to CORG eugenia involcrata but the growth habit is quite different - less tree like, more bush like. Their trunks are much smaller than comparable CORGs I grew during the same time. They are a lot sweeter, but at the same time lack complexity. I need to try them again next year as you can't judge a plant on its first fruits. It is a keeper though.

I agree!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk