Author Topic: Planning a trip to Hawaii in February, which of these island has more fruits?  (Read 842 times)

NewGen

• Zone 10a, Central Valley, CA, USA
    • View Profile
Hi,

Oahu or Maui?
We've been to both, but that was years ago, and at the time we weren't really looking for tropical fruits.
This time, we're planning to do some general visiting, hiking, and of course search out the  fruits (longan, rambutan, durian, ......)

Thanks,

BigIslandGrower

• USA, Hawaii, Puna 700 ft, 12B
    • View Profile
Probably Chinatown on Oahu.  Maybe check in with Ono organic farms on Maui to see what they're expecting in Feb.

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
^ I'd look up some fruit places near where you expect to be staying and call them up, more often than not they're just like us and love talking about fruit, the process, tips, everything ;D
instagram @trumansacco

ben mango

• View Profile
I’d go with Chinatown too , if there is much durian in season they will have it shipped from
The big island. Be prepared to pay a premium price for it though. There should be cherimoyas in season on Maui as well, there is a market in Kula on Saturday morning

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
i'd check in with rowena's fruit stand in maui.

also check out tours for ono organics and mamalawe farm.  both on maui and they have durian potentially. 

Oahu has chinatown with the big island flown durina, but it's not guaranteed. 

february pretty dead in general

happyhana

• Hana, Hawaii
    • View Profile
Your best bet for February is a nice beach on the dry side. Plan a summer trip for fruit and hiking opportunities. You’re likely to find lots of citrus, avos, rain, mud and maybe a flash flood in February.

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Your best bet for February is a nice beach on the dry side. Plan a summer trip for fruit and hiking opportunities. You’re likely to find lots of citrus, avos, rain, mud and maybe a flash flood in February.
agreed. 

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
West side of Maui should be nice. Have to travel to the Hana side for tropical fruits. I believe there is a durian farm on Maui.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk